Author Topic: Bugged Family  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Bugged Family
« on: October 18, 2014, 12:27:45 PM »
Has anybody had a family become bugged yet? This is the first one that's happened to me, and it's a single family (one of my favorites so far!) that is bugged.

Several objects on the lot are bugged. I have the stinky fridge bug, and the focused clock isn't giving off an emotional aura, nor is it creating an emotion when viewed (it was originally). Sims can't travel together, as the other sim is always ''busy" when the sim invites them to go to a community lot, and when I try to socialize at the library, every sim in the library gets reset.

I've not installed anything new, including mods or anything official, and this has never happened to me before! This is all generation 1 and 2, so it's not game file size as far as I can tell.

Dellena

Re: Bugged Family
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:20:33 AM »
Sometimes a game file will just get bugged.  You could try saving the family your library and then start a fresh game and put them in to see if they are ok.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:40:49 AM »
And remember the old clear out the cache files. That always seems to help. Another thing you can do with bugged items is just sell them and buy new ones. I've had to do that with 'smelly green fog' fridges and the ever-dirty toilet.  ???
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
I've had the ever dirty toilet a couple times.  Easy fix is to go into build mode, sledgehammer the toilet and then use Undo.  The toilet will be fixed and not cost you anything.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:44:14 PM »
There's a tutorial for clearing the cache, right? Can somebody direct me to it? I have no idea how that would be done.

I've tried saving them to the library and resetting them, but none of that has been working so far with this family. A couple of the bugs are happening in other families now too (the weird resetting when a sim introduces herself to another sim, for example), so I'm hoping that clearing the cache will do the trick.

Thanks for the help, guys! You're the best.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 04:04:57 AM »
There's a tutorial for clearing the cache, right? Can somebody direct me to it? I have no idea how that would be done.

I've tried saving them to the library and resetting them, but none of that has been working so far with this family. A couple of the bugs are happening in other families now too (the weird resetting when a sim introduces herself to another sim, for example), so I'm hoping that clearing the cache will do the trick.

Thanks for the help, guys! You're the best.

Crinrict - How to Delete Cache Files there you go :)

anything