Author Topic: My sim is in an unwanted relationship  (Read 5320 times)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
My sim is in an unwanted relationship
« on: October 14, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »
I thought there was no story progression.  While away at another house one of my sims became romantically involved.  I had to use a bunch of mean options to destroy the relationship.  I got the option to declare enemies.  I didn't go that far.  He is still listed under the romantic tab as a terrible match.  Ughhh!!
I won't like this play out.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: my sim is in an unwanted relationship
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:48:35 PM »
There is story progression in the game, but the families won't continue to propagate. Essentially, it's partial story progression. They won't get jobs, become parents, and things like that, but they will build relationships and skills.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
Ok Devin, thanks for the info.  I'm not happy about it.  I'm likely to end up with a lot of bad feelings.  I won't want too many characters, if I have to referee their romantic involvements.   :'(
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »
I haven't begun rotational play yet, so I've not experienced a lot of this, but once in a while one of my sims marries somebody who's had a lot of past relationships.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 09:54:46 PM »
I've only been playing approximately a week and have 3 characters.  My first sim is involved with a townie of my choosing.  When I started with my 3rd sim (yesterday) I went back to the 2nd to check something out (not related) only to find her involved.  I appreciate that they would build friendships as they are out and about, but the romantic involvement will really curb and change how I play.  If they can't get jobs, get married, have kids and propagate , then why can they become romantically involved?  What's the point?

later...I have found a cheat to fix the relationship but I'm unable to make it work.  I've tried it with and without the testingcheats.  This is what I type - modifyrelationship Race Carr Harrison Herring 10 Friendship_Main -  Race is my sim and Harrison is a townie.  If you know what I'm typing wrong, please let me know.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Re: My sim is in an unwanted relationship
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 11:34:22 PM »
I know this doesn't fix the initial problem, but it is actually very easy to destroy a relationship with just a dozen mean interactions. I've had to do it many times when switching between BFFs for one aspiration.

(In fact, while I used the mean interactions to "destroy" the relationship so , I temporarily switch to either of the "Deviance" aspirations so that those mean interactions count toward the 25 mean or mischievous interactions required in Step 1 of both Deviance aspirations.)

While it takes about 10-12 straight sim hours to build up to a BFF from stranger, it only takes a few minutes (or maybe 30 sim minutes) to lower the relationship meter to nothing. They will also forgive you pretty quickly if you want to bring their relationship back to a friendly status.

If you ever want to seriously destroy a relationship, just use a few mean interactions until the option to "Fight" comes up. Fighting with a sim completely fills the relationship bar with red immediately, and they are not just "disliked," but actually "despised."

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 09:26:28 AM »
Ok, thanks.  I've been trying several combinations of that cheat code to work and I just can't get there.  I didnt have a fight but my red bars were pretty much full.  Maybe I'll try the fight option to see if that will take him off the romantic tab.  I don't like to see enemies but if I can bring them back to neutral acquaintances, that would be ok.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
Another way to get rid of unwanted romantic relationships is just to only use friendly interactions on that sim and over a fairly short space of time the romantic bar will decline to nothing and eventually they will just be friends or neighbors etc. I had to do that with a sim who needed to complete the Serial Romantic aspiration. Her romantic relationship panel was ridiculous, over half the town in it. But within a few weeks most were gone.
By just letting them decline it avoids making enemies and you can build friendships for future needs like promotions etc.
I don't know how that would work once you've changed households again though. But I suspect if it has declined enough then it wouldn't be rebuilt when you're not controlling them.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 07:43:42 PM »
Thanks Playalot, I'll give that a try.  It sounds good to me.  Better than fighting and enemies.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

anything