Author Topic: Video Gaming  (Read 7446 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Video Gaming
« on: October 14, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
The Guide to Video Gaming was just published. Charisma will be out tomorrow, sorry but I'm a little delayed lately. Hoping to get back on track to do 5/week myself soon. Up next is Charisma, then Ambrosia and the two Cooking Skills.

If you have any suggestions to improve this or any other Guide, let me know!

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Video Gaming
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 03:45:36 PM »
Possibly a link to this post under the tournament section?  I found it very helpful.  The guide was fantastic!  I had no idea the payouts for some of the tournaments were so high. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 02:12:14 AM »
@Carl, did you mention in the Video Gaming guide that, if you have two or more gaming mats in your house, your sims can "play together."

After one sim starts playing a game on one mat, have the other sim click on an unused gaming mat, and he or she will get the option to, "Play Motion Game Together." They are each on a different gaming mat and can be in different rooms, but it increases their social as well as fun.

Also, my focused sim, with all green moodlets, clicked on the gaming mat and had the option to either "Force Self to Play Game" or "Enter Game Tournament." That one was hard to reproduce, but I took a picture of it with my cell phone and will post it once I get it online.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 02:15:58 AM »
Also, my focused sim, with all green moodlets, clicked on the gaming mat and had the option to either "Force Self to Play Game" or "Enter Game Tournament." That one was hard to reproduce, but I took a picture of it with my cell phone and will post it once I get it online.

What traits does your sim have? Technophobes need to be forced into using electronics and aren't happy while they do it.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 02:27:28 AM »
@justproud2b, she's actually a "geek," and I only saw that option today for the first time. I got that no matter which gaming mat I clicked on (we have a lot in our house).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 02:43:27 AM »
I've had the 'force self to play game' option but it was after I'd already been 'forcing' him to play for some hours as I wanted him to skill up. I laughed when I saw it as I thought yeah, fair enough even gamers need a coffee break! I think it was just due to him having played about three games in a row.
Traits: loves the outdoors, creative, romantic and then a million other rewards and aspiration traits: but I'm pretty sure it's just a time thing rather than trait specific as he has spent the last five sims days in the rig skilling up.
(Poor sim, being forced to play games all day long, my heart breaks for him ;) )
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 07:26:41 AM »
Yeah, I also have a Geek Sim who does eventually get bored after playing too many video games. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »
Ok guys, thanks to Lindsay and Ciosa I got the page updated with info on being able to play together with the Motion Gaming Mat and incorporated DarkWalker's information about the games having a hidden Skill, while giving credit to both. Thanks for making the page even better!

I think the thing with forcing yourself is that you probably won't get the Great Gaming Session Moodlet, since you're swinging toward boredom by playing the same game too much. That's the perfect time to continue practice. I guess a Sim could really make it rich with a lot of Hillock II.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »
@ManiSims, that's interesting! So it's actually the Geek trait making the sim "bored" of video games and not the "technophobe" trait. Funny! I really like the way the sim's traits are so significant regarding mood now in TS4.

@Carl, thanks for the credit. It really isn't necessary though. :) Happy to help give back since you have helped me out so much!

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »
@ManiSims, that's interesting! So it's actually the Geek trait making the sim "bored" of video games and not the "technophobe" trait. Funny! I really like the way the sim's traits are so significant regarding mood now in TS4.

Well, I don't think its the Geek trait in particular that causes them get bored (it has happened to other Sims too) but I was just saying that even Geeks will eventually get tried of playing the same game.  But yeah, I love how a Sim's traits seem to affect gameplay a lot more than they did previously.