Author Topic: photobucket pictures not showing  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
photobucket pictures not showing
« on: October 08, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
For some reason pictures done with photobucket, from OTHER THAN MYSELF, Simmers are not showing up on my pc.  I personally do not use photobucket but use Mediafire for screenies.  So far I've noticed three members photos simply show up with the standard photobucket words saying they need to buy more bandwidth or something.  Is it my pc?  Others have responded to threads with these pictures in them, showing they actually saw the pictures, but I can't see them at all.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: photobucket pictures not showing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »
For some reason pictures done with photobucket, from OTHER THAN MYSELF, Simmers are not showing up on my pc.  I personally do not use photobucket but use Mediafire for screenies.  So far I've noticed three members photos simply show up with the standard photobucket words saying they need to buy more bandwidth or something.  Is it my pc?  Others have responded to threads with these pictures in them, showing they actually saw the pictures, but I can't see them at all.

Photobucket free version gives you a monthly bandwith limit once you hit the cap those images are replaced with what you are describing till the new month hits. I know one of them is mine you are referring to which I have moved to picasaweb.google.com for my pictures but missed some post updates.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »
Photobucket free version gives you a monthly bandwith limit once you hit the cap those images are replaced with what you are describing till the new month hits. I know one of them is mine you are referring to which I have moved to picasaweb.google.com for my pictures but missed some post updates.

Ok, so it's not my pc.  Good to know, and yes, yours was one of the ones.  I really wanted to see what you were doing with some build stuff. 

So, how do you like picasaweb?  I have picasa as my photo editing thing but not terribly fond of it for that.  But then, I'm a tech numbrain.  My issue with picasa is it takes every single "picture" and puts it in its editor so I wind up with a lot of screenies there and not just photos.  However, it is good for putting videos up on Youtube.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
I've used Picasa Web and I liked it alright when I was using it, but at the time I found that it was difficult to organize my photos. Now that I use imgur most of the time, I've given up entirely on organization and only use the photos once, but make sure that they're stored to my PC.

Picasa is pretty good all in all though, and I've seen very few issues with bandwidth with this particular server. It has the side benefit of being usable with other Google products.