Author Topic: Renaissance Sim Aspiration - Possible Bug  (Read 5282 times)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Renaissance Sim Aspiration - Possible Bug
« on: October 08, 2014, 09:52:52 AM »

My Sim has the Renaissance Sim aspiration. I haven't noted exactly what the next step is, as I'm not an organized person. Although I seem to recall that my sim needs to reach a certain level in a career (before the October patch).  While maxing the Chef Career, I temporarily shifted the Aspiration to Food:Master Chef.

Anyway, I just noted this today when I changed the aspiration back to Renaissance Sim. Not that I'm particularly bothered if it is a glitch in my game now, but I am curious about it.

My sim is currently lvl 9 in Chef Career. After I reach lvl 10, I'll have her get a new job and see if my Renaissance Sim Aspiration will somehow fix itself.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Renaissance Sim Aspiration - Possible Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 10:28:01 AM »
There's a bug report for this issue (officially), but since it's merged with a different bug report on the same Aspiration, it's difficult to tell if the suggested solutions relate to the problem you're having or if they relate to the problem of the Aspiration not recognizing the goals being met.

I'm going to suggest that you switch the Aspiration, then change it back and see if that doesn't solve the problem. If it doesn't, then try reinstalling the game and see if that doesn't work.

Otherwise, I'd report on the current incident report that you're experiencing the same problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »
Thanks Devin for the tip. :)

I checked here http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/UPDATE-codes-appearing-instead-of-text-multiple-instances/m-p/3685513#M4056

Well, I managed to fix this by uninstalling the whole game and re-downloading it. Chat interactions with ghosts, the recipe for Ambrosia, the updated Renaissance Sim goals, all fixed. Even the name of the Death Flower is appearing correctly.
-Lulzes

But I really...really don't fancy re-installing the game.  ::)
I do have a hard copy of Sims 4 but my DVD RW Drive is ailing already. I don't want to risk scratching the disk.
Oh well, I can live seeing the codes. haha. Re-installing will have to wait when and if I want to.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »
If it's registered, you may be able to install it via download, provided you have the product key. I understand what you're saying about re-installing, because I've had to do it twice. The patch previous to the October 1st patch broke Origin so I had to reinstall everything, and early on something bugged and I had to re-install. Fortunately it doesn't take as long as it did with Sims 2 or 3, especially with expansion packs.

Of course, if you can live with it, then that's up to you. It would bug the boogers out of me! lol

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:30:22 PM »
I've noticed lots of codes too instead of text  :o

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 02:05:40 PM »
Hi Indira,

I'd try what Devin suggested - Uninstall it, and install it via download. If you really don't want to do that just yet. You may want to try to repair the game?

Repairing the Game -- Right Click on the game and select Repair Game.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 06:31:29 AM »
Thanks MrsFlynn. :)
Unfortunately, the game still shows codes even after I did the 'repair game' on Origin.

@Devin: I bought a physical copy of Sims 4, but I do use the download from Origin to install it. :) but it takes a lifetime to finish downloading. Hence, I dislike reinstalling. (My sims 4 disk is pretty much pristine and untouched).

Anyway, since i've decided to simply spend time reading the guides tonight, I took the plunge and reinstalling right now. I was planning on transferring it to Drive E anyway as my C is like almost full. Might as well do it now while I'm at it. And i'm not tech savvy, so I'm not sure whether changing the installation location is gonna work. And I couldn't find the game installer in my laptop even though I had ticked to keep game installers after game is installed. And now the waiting starts.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »
Oh dear. I'm sorry :( The game hasn't taken all that long to download and install for me, and even then I know that it's quite irritating. "Repair Game" doesn't do anything on my computer either though, so you''re not alone in that. Hopefully this will do the trick for you!

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 12:11:53 PM »
Anyway, since i've decided to simply spend time reading the guides tonight, I took the plunge and reinstalling right now. I was planning on transferring it to Drive E anyway as my C is like almost full. Might as well do it now while I'm at it. And i'm not tech savvy, so I'm not sure whether changing the installation location is gonna work. And I couldn't find the game installer in my laptop even though I had ticked to keep game installers after game is installed. And now the waiting starts.  :-\
Hi, Indira.

Once it's done installing and patching, you can backup the installation even though you're installing from the disc. Please see my article How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 4 From Origin Downloader for the details and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Hope this helps and happy Simming! :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

anything