Author Topic: Walking in on sims using bathroom?  (Read 15277 times)

Offline SimsSherry

• Nooboo
Walking in on sims using bathroom?
« on: October 07, 2014, 12:39:48 PM »
My sims are constantly walking in on each other in the bathroom.  Make one sim use the toilet and all the sudden everyone iis walking in on them and they get the embarrassed emotion.   Does anyone have an idea how to stop this from happening?  It's driving me nuts!

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Walking in on sims using bathroom?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 01:08:10 PM »
How many bathrooms do you have? I've found that if I don't have at least one bathroom for every two sims, that chaos breaks loose whenever one of them needs to use the bathroom for one reason or another (to pee, take a shower, even wash their hands or repair fixtures).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
I have this problem, too. I did make it into two bathrooms - one with the shower, the other with the toilet. I find my sims walk in on each other just for a chat, usually holding a plate of food.
I have found now that my spouses don't get embarrassed anymore for some reason when it happens, but it still happens when the kids are involved.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »
I have found now that my spouses don't get embarrassed anymore for some reason when it happens, but it still happens when the kids are involved.

Sims with a high enough romantic relationship won't get the embarrassed moodlets the way that sims without romantic relationships get them. I believe this feature goes back to The Sims 3 and came through in TS4 as well.

If what you described above isn't working, I recommend keeping sims busy.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:52 PM »
This happens to me quite a bit.  I'm playing in a house with only one bathroom, but it doesn't seem to matter how many there are.  The ones intruding usually don't even need to use the bathroom.  They just come in to chat.  I hope this is something EA will fix.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:17:06 PM »
It doesn't happen to me too much, but I micro-manage a lot. I use the needs button to tell them to do things like eat/pee/shower so if someone is using the toilet, it won't add it to the queue. One click, vs centre screen on toilet + 2 clicks, and less chance for embarrassing situations that you just can't unsee :D

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 10:45:09 PM »
I set up my bathrooms like the gym's the 2 extra walls are worth the lack of having to watch bathroom habits.

3 Sims all using the bathroom at once... No embarassment

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 11:23:49 PM »
Really? No doors, just a bit of wall is enough? Sweet!

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:45:38 PM »
It's a shame that there's no way to designate a room as a bathroom, and then let any doors going into it have an option that auto-locks to everyone but the sim entering.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 04:09:11 AM »
I set up my bathrooms like the gym's the 2 extra walls are worth the lack of having to watch bathroom habits.

3 Sims all using the bathroom at once... No embarassment

That explains why my founder didn't get embarassed at the gym when J. Huntington decided to shower , while she was using the toilet.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 04:17:31 AM »

That explains why my founder didn't get embarassed at the gym when J. Huntington decided to shower , while she was using the toilet.

I was debating if it was important enough to mention but after this topic I went ahead made a detailed guide on the actual mechanics behind it and how to build to avoid embarrassment. If anyone is interested.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 07:38:37 AM »
I was debating if it was important enough to mention but after this topic I went ahead made a detailed guide on the actual mechanics behind it and how to build to avoid embarrassment. If anyone is interested.

That's a great guide and very useful, thank you.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 07:47:46 AM »

Oh , this is great information . I'll see if I can arrange some of my washrooms as well . Thanks so much for this guide .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline SimsSherry

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions!  I do hope EA considers fixing this, because like Pam said, most of the time it is someone just going in there to chat with the person, not to use the toilet.  And usually with a plate of food, lol.  I also hope they bring back designated beds.  Great guide justproud2b!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »
Having read justproud2b's guide on his blog, I just did some experimenting with the tub, and the conclusion I'm currently reaching (with minimal play testing) is that because of the shape of the tub and the fact that there are only so many orientations the tub can be placed in without enlarging the bathroom -- a lot -- that this won't work with a bath tub unless you're working with a much larger bathroom.

I'd recommend sticking with showers as long as saving money is an issue, then build a larger bathroom for any area in which you need to have a bath tub.

While I'm at it, I do recommend having a tub as soon as it's affordable (: