Author Topic: Piranha  (Read 16542 times)

Offline poparticapoptart

• Nooboo
Piranha
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »
My sim's fishing skill is at 10 and I can't seem to catch a piranha. I've tried both hidden locations and both parks using betta, tetra, minnow, kissing gorami, guppy, goldfish, and perch all with no luck after hours of trying. Any advice on where/how to get the piranha. It's the last he needs in the collection.  :'(

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Piranha
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »
First, welcome to the forum and interesting name :) Maybe I'm wrong and it takes a bigger bait like catfish. Try the stream in the back of Oasis Springs park using that kind or an equivalent size fish (bass or even something like treefish). I may have the wrong size fish listed, and if that's the case I'd like to correct that.

I'm gonna go test it right now to see.

Edit: meant stream in the park.

I was able to catch one with a Koi at the pond in Willow Creek Park, but cheated my Skill back to level 6. I'm suspecting it might even be related to the bug that causes Tilapia to be hard to catch. Doing some further testing...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline poparticapoptart

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
Awesome! I will try that :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 07:35:20 PM »
Thankfully, they are catchable at level 10 or I got very lucky - but the rate seems higher at lower levels, perhaps because the variety of fish increases. I managed to catch them with Treefish and Koi. I think they want medium fish, at that and will edit the page. They are quite rare and you'll get things like anglerfish at times. I think that fishing without bait, stocking up on koi there and using them for bait is the best route. Let us know how it works out for you!

Offline poparticapoptart

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »
FINALLY caught one in willow creek park using Koi. Thank you!!

Offline poparticapoptart

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »
Although it didn't update in his collection which is very annoying...but at least I know it can be done!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 11:00:10 AM »
Although it didn't update in his collection which is very annoying...but at least I know it can be done!
The same thing just happened to my Sim when she caught the final fish she needed for her collection, the wolf eel.  When I saved the game and reloaded however, it had been added to her collection.  Did the same thing happen to you?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 05:19:59 PM »
The same thing just happened to my Sim when she caught the final fish she needed for her collection, the wolf eel.  When I saved the game and reloaded however, it had been added to her collection.  Did the same thing happen to you?

This, exactly but with Piranha.
Took me two sim weeks at level 10 to catch a piranha with koi. Was totally determined not to use cheats to complete the collection. What a boring bit of game play. ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline k0ks3nw4i

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »
I had so much trouble trying to catch the piranha and had been trying for almost a month. I tried the both the pond and the fishing area near the mines in the Oasis Springs park (as advised on by some members on the official forum) and also pond in Willow's Creek, as advised by Carl's Fishing Guide - all to no avail.

Today, I finally caught it! At the Sylvan Glade pond, using Yellow Perch as the bait. First catch of the day.