Author Topic: Age up option missing on baby  (Read 10144 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Age up option missing on baby
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:24:22 AM »
My daughters sim just had her second baby. My daughter aged up the first one almost immediately. She then got her sim pregnant again the next day. She wants to age that baby up, but the option is not there. Putting cheats on and shift clicking the baby just comes up with reset object.
Any ideas how I can age it up?

Dellena

Re: Age up option missing on baby
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:19:15 AM »
Did the sim go through the standard 3 days of pregnancy?  The option should be there when clicking on the bassinet, not the baby.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:17:17 PM »
Yes, she went through the whole pregnancy and labor. Nothing comes up when clicking the baby or bassinet. Just the care options. There used to be a "more" option and the age up was under that the first time.
It's not a huge problem, but my daughter is only 9 and she has enough trouble managing the needs of three other sims, let alone worrying about a baby whose needs bar is not visible lol.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:57:22 AM »
Ts4 babies dont have a visible needs bar like in ts3. You need to keep track of the colors (blue is bad green is good) and guess.  But she can always age the baby up by clicking the bassinette.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 02:10:59 AM »
My daughters sim just had her second baby. My daughter aged up the first one almost immediately. She then got her sim pregnant again the next day. She wants to age that baby up, but the option is not there. Putting cheats on and shift clicking the baby just comes up with reset object.
Any ideas how I can age it up?

Next time I suggestion would be save then try resetsim babies name if that didn't work I would have used the reset object as their objects.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 06:34:46 PM »
My baby's cot doesn't have the 'age up' options either. New since the patch, all babies before that had the option. Drat, I now have a baby that's been a baby for four sim days...  :-[
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:43:25 PM »
I noticed the same thing on babies just born after the patch as well. For me the option appeared after clicking on the bassinet three or four times in a row.
Never send to know for whom the Cowplant's bell tolls; It tolls for thee...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 10:19:21 PM »
Ah, good advice ReubenHood, managed to get the option to age up, after using a few different sims in the household to click on the   cot.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
I had tried that a lot already, different sims clicking on the cot repestedly. Doing different actions on the baby, then trying again. I did do a google search and it said if you have aging off, switch it back on and try aging up. I had aging off, but could still age up before the patch. Apparently it's all sims, too, not just nooboos.
Did you guys having problems as well have aging on or off?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 10:59:15 PM »
I've got aging on. I exited the game then reloaded and I still couldn't age up the baby. The I just left it for about 20 mins real time and carried on playing. Then I tried again and had about four different sims click on the cot then the very next time I clicked on the cot to change diaper I noticed the "more options" tab was there and so I just clicked 'age up' immediately so it didn't go away again!
So maybe a 'need' makes the age-up action appear? Like diaper, lonely, hungry etc?

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 12:40:03 AM »
With the first baby, my daughter fed it, changed it, cuddled it etc, so the needs were all full. I'm going to go get on the game now, so I will see if the option is back, and I'll try putting the aging on if it's not.
I'm just worried that my daughter (who is 9) will end up neglecting it if it stays a baby, and social workers will take it away and then she'll be devastated. In Sims 3 on console, she accidentally drowned her child daughter, she made her swim while fatigued, and she didn't have the energy to climb out of the pool. She burst into tears (granted, she was younger then), and of course her two brothers laughed at her, which made it worse.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 12:59:57 AM »
Oh, that so sad Stormi71, your poor daughter. Keep trying because in my experience anyway, the age-up option eventually appeared.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 01:49:34 AM »
Yeah, she's an overly emotional girl.
Anyway, went into her game, tried the bassinet a few times, still no option. Turned aging back on and the option to age up the baby was there again. So I aged her up. I did forgot to switch of aging again, though, so will have to remember next time her game is on to do that.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »
I have aging on for just the current active household, but when it happened to me I did click up expecting "More Options..." and I think I had to cancel bottle feeding. After that two more clicks and "Age Up" option appeared again for me.
Never send to know for whom the Cowplant's bell tolls; It tolls for thee...