Author Topic: Making BFF's?  (Read 22212 times)

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
Making BFF's?
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:48:01 PM »
Sorry if this has already been posted or talked about, but I can't find it! How do I make more than one BFF? My sim only needs the "Have Had 5 BFF's" to complete her aspiration, but I can't seem to get any more BFF's. I tried damaging the relationship until she was no longer BFF with one girl but apparently..Forever means FOREVER lol.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Making BFF's?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
You can't.

Note that the Aspiration goal is have had 5 BFFs, meaning that your sim has to make a BFF, then lose the BFF, then make another BFF, and drop the relationship, and so on and so forth. Otherwise it would say "have 5 BFFs" without the past perfect tense (have had).

The best way I've found to accomplish this is to make BFFs with elders who then die, but note that you will then disintegrate your relationship to the point they no longer qualify as friends and are later forgotten by your sim, so they don't count toward friend totals any more.

I'm working on the same Aspiration right now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:22:55 AM »
It's a bug not sure if it was fixed in the last patch but I do know it's a bug I've seen it stated somewhere (can't recall where). The option wont show for multiple people unless you do it like Becki is.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:02:14 AM »
It's a bug not sure if it was fixed in the last patch but I do know it's a bug I've seen it stated somewhere (can't recall where). The option wont show for multiple people unless you do it like Becki is.

Is that official? In Sims 3 you could only have one BFF at a time (but multiple best friends, just not the best friend forever) unless I missed an update to the game. The language would appear to suggest that you're supposed to roll through them the way that I'm having to do it (which, as others have stated, is distasteful).

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 03:18:15 AM »
I am doing that Aspiration and even after the patch it still says "have had 5 BFF"

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 12:05:09 PM »
I remembered reading that it was a bug, too, so I went searching.  I found this thread:  http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777424/help-with-bffs

Part way down the thread qoutes a question/answer thread with one of the simgurus. I've copied it below:

"catloverplayer wrote: »
Grant another issue. There is some kind of challenge that wants you to complete have 5 best friends forever but you can only have 1. Any chance this could get fixed?

Grant
Sigh. This one is just shameful. We've got it bugged and are working on it. You can always change your aspiration so you can work on a different one in the mean time."

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »
Thanks everyone! Grrr. Well, I guess I'll have to feed her BFF to our cowplant or something :P Just kidding..I'd never...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »
There are a few ways to get around the bug.

1.  Destroy the relationship with mean interactions so that you are no longer BFF, and then get a new BFF.

2.  Kill 4 BFFs, or wait for elder BFFs to die.

3.  Use manage worlds to remove BFFs from the game.  You can just delete their household, and it should let you then make a new BFF.

4.  Use either the relationship cheats or the cheat to complete the current aspiration milestone.

As Grant seemed to think this was a bug, I've used #4 with my most recent file.  First, I completed all the other milestone requirements.  Then I made sure that my sim had 5 friends with the green bar fully filled (even past where it lets you ask the first to become BFF).  Then I used the aspiration cheat.  As getting and keeping 5 friends at that level took effort, I thought I'd done the work the aspiration should require and using the cheat felt more like avoiding a bug than cheating.

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »
I should've used the cheat, instead I used mean interactions until I destroyed my BFF's one at a time. I'm not a huge fan of using cheats but since it's bugged and I technically did do the work, I wouldn't mind it to much. Thanks for all the help.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 08:13:27 PM »
There are a few ways to get around the bug.

1.  Destroy the relationship with mean interactions so that you are no longer BFF, and then get a new BFF.

I actually didn't think it was a bug. I have accomplished this aspiration with 7 of my sims, using the way mentioned above. It is a little frustrating, but, then again, in real life, it's hard to maintain more than one BFF... and I do like that The Sims 4 feels somewhat more "real to life" in the social aspects that Sims 3 did.

It is also good to know that some neighborhood sims already have BFFs, and you have no way of knowing until you get to the point in the friendship in which you "should" be able to become BFFS, and, even though your sim does not have a BFF, you cannot become BFFs with that other sim. I started making a list of them for my game actually since I got tired of forming close friendships with sims only to be denied the opportunity to makes them BFFs. For example, neither Bella nor Mortimor Goth can become best friends with any of my sims (at least in my game). They are an unplayed household for me, and I assume they are already BFFs with each other. For that reason, I stopped trying to become BFFs with any married sims. Another sim I can't become BFFs with is Hana Shan. She's also married. After discovering that, I started becoming BFFs with children mostly. They seem easier to befriend in general. Of course, I do feel mad having to "Yell At," "Insult," and "Scold" them over and over to end the BFF status each time.  ;)

anything