Author Topic: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge is coming  (Read 12993 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge is coming
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »
Hey everyone. I'd say the Immortal Dynasty rule set is 95% done at this point. Pam or Carl will create a new Challenge Board for the Sims 4 top section of the forum and I will post the rule set there on Oct 25th as a preview only — this is to give everyone a one week sneak peek and get clarifications before the event goes live on Nov 1.

Offline epemae

• Nooboo
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 12:08:15 PM »
Yay! I can't wait to try an Immortal Dynasty in Sims 4! In Sims 3 I never got past generation 4 or 5 because game lag would make that file unplayable.
Thanks to the team for working so hard on the challenges, forum and guide. Such a fabulous resource!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
Hey everyone. I'd say the Immortal Dynasty rule set is 95% done at this point. Pam or Carl will create a new Challenge Board for the Sims 4 top section of the forum and I will post the rule set there on Oct 25th as a preview only — this is to give everyone a one week sneak peek and get clarifications before the event goes live on Nov 1.

I will resist the urge to post a dancing cat picture regardless of how happy I am for this :) Instead I'll give you a text version high five  0/ \0

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »
I feel like I'm wishing my life away... first for TS4 to arrive now for I.D.C. ... <glares at calendar>
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
What provisions have you made so far for residents moving out of town and sims not staying in the relationship panel? Will we be allowed to add sims to the neighbourhood? I hope it's not too early to ask that, but playing a legacy these kinds of things are killing my game, unless I add more sims.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
TS3 had its own problems with its story progression/moving in/out sims and we didn't allow people to add sims to the neighborhood then. For now, the ruleset doesn't allow for it, but I'm willing to listen if it has presented itself as a truly impossible problem.

I'll admit, my experience so far with TS4 has involved keeping my sims pretty self-contained while I explore skills.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 04:35:25 AM »
I have to add that by generation three of my legacy I literally had one person in both the worlds apart from my legacy family and only four townies in the 'Not in World' category, two of which were ghosts. If I had not added sims to my game then my legacy would have ground to a halt.
I think it's almost impossible to play a generational game without moving new sims in because the game doesn't seem to regenerate like it's supposed to.
I was really surprised that my game had become SO empty... but literally there were only five other sims... and when I went to lots, they were empty. No random generated townies... no-one!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 06:05:00 AM »
I have to add that by generation three of my legacy I literally had one person in both the worlds apart from my legacy family and only four townies in the 'Not in World' category, two of which were ghosts. If I had not added sims to my game then my legacy would have ground to a halt.
I think it's almost impossible to play a generational game without moving new sims in because the game doesn't seem to regenerate like it's supposed to.
I was really surprised that my game had become SO empty... but literally there were only five other sims... and when I went to lots, they were empty. No random generated townies... no-one!

Im not sure if you are hit by a sad bug, or if I will also run into that problem later on, (I only just started generation 2) And so far as I can see my game is generating new out of the world townies until now.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 06:28:04 AM »

Well, let's cross our fingers that the big patch on Nov 1 will fix some of this. That's the earliest someone could start their file, so it would make sense to wait until that patch is released.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 10:17:26 AM »
I'm on Generation 5, and the game has moved in one family and also several ghosts. I do get a fair number of people in the community lots, but they tend to disappear quickly from relationship panels. I think finding a spouse is possible, but getting 6 unique friends is going to be difficult, and I don't know how we'll get best friends.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »
My game moves in households, but not as fast as they die, so there get to be fewer and fewer over time.  Also, I believe the ghosts of people that used to live in the houses makes them always count as occupied.  There were random townies being generated, but they would disappear most nights so new ones could be generated, which would make any occupation or aspiration that required having a lot of friends very difficult.  Maybe impossible.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »
  Also, I believe the ghosts of people that used to live in the houses makes them always count as occupied.  There were random townies being generated, but they would disappear most nights so new ones could be generated, which would make any occupation or aspiration that required having a lot of friends very difficult.  Maybe impossible.

I thinks that's some of the problem because in my legacy game  a lot of the original residents households are still there ... but empty. I've not seen their ghosts around (Say the Goths for example) but according to when you go into household management they are still 'in the world of Willow Creek', and of course their house in game is empty.

But, hopefully like Metro says maybe this will all be cleared up in Nov's patch.

@ LenaLJ, remember that my second gen had potions of life so by sim age my third gen is really like fourth gen. For the first 2 gens of my game everything was working fine. It's only after the original residents had died that my worlds became emptier and emptier.

MissMouse

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »
I've never participated in a Sims challenge before, but would love to give it a try.  I'm new to forums and fairly new to Sims. I'll probably need help on the how to's, e.g. where to post story, how to upload photos, etc.  Looking forward to this challenge.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »
I'm looking forward to it.  I got up to three generations in my trial Immortal dynasty and so long as I kept up with my potion purchasing, it was a doable feat.  I look forward to seeing the official rules and making a stab at a Sims 4 dynasty!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline BzGoose

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
The Sims 4 Challenges subforum is empty, but up! I'm so pumped for this thing, it's unreal. Got to work on my gardening skillage in the mean time...

anything