Author Topic: Reset all sims  (Read 22176 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Reset all sims
« on: October 02, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but as it's rather specific figured it may be homed here.

For some reason all my sims family got stuck. I have managed to reset them via resetsim, all but the husband - and it's due to his name. My sims husband is J Huntington 3rd (but in Roman numerals), I'm not sure how to put the Roman numerals in so I can reset him?

Or as the title says, is there a reset sims for all sims like before in sims 3: resetsim *

Edited to say: I thought I'd reset the rest of the sims, however they stopped what they were doing, stood up and are now stuck but moving - i.e. Fidgeting because they need the toilet. But still stuck....

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Reset all sims
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:31:49 PM »
I would try clearing the cache of your game. You could also see if * works as a wildcard as it did in Sim 3 to reset all sims in the game (it will probably cause your game to stutter for a few)

How to clear your cache
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Command if its like sims 3 for universal reset of sims
resetsim *

edit: I just asked simgurugrant and simgurudaniel I will post back if I get a response on the wildcard reset

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
Thanks justproud2b, I exited the game which fixed him and then the others after a minute too.

I best try clearing the caches as well next time, sure I have a few (thousand!) I can delete.

Be good to know if there is an 'all reset' though if you get a response as I had tried * in case it was the same, didn't appear to do anything.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 05:22:45 PM »
An easy way to reset a household is to have them all travel to another lot.  That works to reset them and then just send them home again.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
Thanks Dellena I tried that but as they were all stuck there... Nothing happened.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 06:39:06 PM »
Did you try to make them walk off the lot to travel or just hit M for Map?

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 08:30:44 AM »
Ah... I tried to make them walk off the lot - obviously that didn't work.

Wonder if pressing the M would have worked?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 08:43:27 AM »
Ah... I tried to make them walk off the lot - obviously that didn't work.

Wonder if pressing the M would have worked?

Probably... I actually use M over walking off the lot just due to my impatience you instantly get the travel screen when you hit M and skip all the walking.

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
Yes, use M for map and then travel using that.  It's instant and no walking involved.  I had to do this when one of my sims showed to be at work but was in fact at home.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »
Thanks guys, seems to be sorted now though. Will remember if it happens in the future!