Author Topic: Ghosts and Pools coming  (Read 17625 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Ghosts and Pools coming
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
I got an opportunity to participate in a Sims Teleconference today and hear that today and in the future, we are getting treated to several new features for The Sims 4.

First and foremost, Ghosts! Ghosts can be invited to join the household, based on relationship. Otherwise, they'll randomly come out as they previously did to haunt the Sims' homes. You can send them off if you wish, but may want them around... They will have special abilities based on their type of death. For example, a Sim that died by Fire can set fires when angry. Emotion is essentially tied to this feature, as they must be in the right mood to use their ability. However, all Ghosts can break plumbing and repair items. A Ghost that died of Electrocution can damage electronics. Ghosts that die of extreme emotions will have an aura that makes other Sims experience that Emotion. Ghosts can Woohoo (but not Try for Baby), have access to their previous traits and relationship standings, and should be able to complete any Aspiration. Therefore, they'll behave very similarly to normal Sims, only with their special abilities and assumed long-to-infinite lifespan.

The second feature for this month is a new gnome, which was deliberately left vague so that we can discover how to find him and what he is ourselves.

Finally, Star Wars costumes will be available to us for Halloween. One is Vader's Armor, another Yoda's Jedi Robes, a Leia hairbun/white dress costume, and Luke Skywalker's X-Wing uniform.

We will also be getting new eye colors, as many players have requested them.

Of course, along with today's release of these new features, we'll also be getting a bug fix patch.

In November, the game is getting Pools, which will include a drowning death mechanic.

In December, new Careers will be added to the game as well. Details on these last two features are being withheld, and I assume we'll get more info as the release draws closer.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Ghosts and Pools coming
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
To clarify on the costumes, Yoda will be available for children. Vader and Skywalker for teens/ya+ males and Leia for teen/ya+ females.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
Nice.  I am excited about the ghost with their emotion special abilities.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »
I think the cynical among us assumed pools were coming in an EP, but it's very nice of them to work on this and include it free, given most of us felt it should have been in the base game. :)

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 11:56:58 AM »
My Twitter just exploded.  Maybe they'll give a bit more during the twitch today.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 12:02:10 PM »
Official Trailer just released On Youtube

edit: Also just to note the update is litterally now my games updating =)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
Woo yeah, I'm updating too! Gonna jump right in and try to graft some things together. The patch notes page has not been updated, however.. guess we see what all is fixed later on :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »
Crin just posted a reminder to remove mods and backup saves before patching.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 01:43:29 PM »
What great news about the pools and future careers. I'm happy that some of what some people have considered "missing" will now be patched in. I haven't missed pools yet, but I miss having insane sims running around in their swimwear :P

Offline ArthurHeng

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 02:08:15 PM »
Ghosts? Nice! They should bring back Lotta Greaves while they are at it.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 03:45:29 PM »

More good news on the updates - they have added a cheat to show hidden objects, such as the ponds, channel specific stereos for venue use, and many other items. Open up the cheat console ([CTRL]+[SHFIT]+[C]) and type “bb.showhiddenobjects”. 

You can use the Build Filter pane to find the Debug objects under the Content drop down.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 03:56:17 PM »
I wonder if the new gnome is a ghost gnome (i just found one, and i didnt remember ever seeing before after the lastest update) It would atleast fit the theme for the ghost update  ::)

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »
I wonder if the new gnome is a ghost gnome (i just found one, and i didnt remember ever seeing before after the lastest update) It would atleast fit the theme for the ghost update  ::)

Yes it is, according to the Twitch broadcast.  They also come in different moods which will affect your Sims emotions - purple gnome for Happy etc.

They are also mentioned in the update.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 05:26:49 PM »

There are other gnomes besides statue gnomes?  Where do you find them?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »
There are other gnomes besides statue gnomes?  Where do you find them?

No idea why i found it there, but check under kids decor :)

anything