Author Topic: Ghosts and Pools coming  (Read 17601 times)

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Ghosts and Pools coming
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 06:43:52 PM »
There are other gnomes besides statue gnomes?  Where do you find them?

Joria, Sims 4 has a search option in buy/build mode so just type 'gnomes' in and see what comes up ;D

You can also search for colors as well as objects.  Wonderful addition to the game.

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Tamrynn

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 07:36:06 PM »
Oh my word this is fantastic news!  I'm so stoked that they are providing additional content through the updates as well.  I can't wait to see what they've done with ghosts, and when I maxed cooking I was really bummed that Ambrosia was gone.  Kind of replaced by the potion of youth but it's so much more fun to make it.  No fixes for some of the gardening bugs yet though...oh well maybe next time.  All in all this is awesome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 07:25:30 AM »
I'm really glad that we get a lot of the features people were complaining about missing. I'm especially glad it's free and not in an overpriced EP. :)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 06:26:49 PM »
I'm very happy about the updates and that they provide it for free :D that will show all the people who were complaining about pools and such and how it was only about money for EA.

This news makes my hope grow for toddlers coming in an update too (or at least coming to the game) I kinda miss that stage. I am looking forward to the pools and new careers. Also very curious about the ghosts. I've been playing with the new update but haven't seen anything yet. I think I'll just wait for my first legacy member to die off and see if his ghost will come. :)

I'm loving the sims 4 more every day ^^

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »
This news makes my hope grow for toddlers coming in an update too (or at least coming to the game) I kinda miss that stage. I am looking forward to the pools and new careers. Also very curious about the ghosts. I've been playing with the new update but haven't seen anything yet. I think I'll just wait for my first legacy member to die off and see if his ghost will come. :)

I read recently that one of the reasons that Toddlers were left out of the game was to allow the Devs to have more time to work on other features they felt were more beneficial to players (such as the emotions system). With all the hub-bub about toddlers, it would actually surprise me if they didn't bring Toddlers back, if it's a feature that can be worked into the game. We got another life stage with University for The Sims 2, so there's no reason I can think of that it shouldn't be possible to make this happen.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 11:07:48 PM »
This is interesting! Ghost and Pools, woo! I haven’t tried having Ghost in my game yet (because I play in a long lifespan) but that would make a richer story. I would love to see more features; I hope that would be included in the next update too without any cost (haha, at least its okay to have a dream).

I heard when Maxis works on The Sims 2 they added so much features just in one expansion alone. I’m glad that they’re listening to their fans. Well, may be toddler added in the next game or in the next update, because having a baby jump into a child life stage is really weird. Finger crosses! :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »
So far I like these ghosts better than the ghosts from TS3 since they seem to be more consistent (appear sooner and more often), more like they were in TS2. I haven't had them haunt objects yet though, so that's something I'm going to have to look forward to seeing if it works similarly to TS2 (which was great that way, IMO).

If they are going to introduce pools, does anybody know how this might relate to the possibility of basements?

Any speculation about the new careers, too? I want to get to experiment with all the existing careers before December now. Incentives, incentives!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »
No word on basements yet.  They would require their own tool or terrain tools.  I'm hoping for enhanced gameplay with the pools.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »
So happy to see all these new features coming, I see a bright future ahead for The Sims 4.

HazelS

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 06:43:22 AM »
This is excellent news, although I hope we get some swimwear for those pools too!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 11:41:14 AM »
One thing I wish EA/Maxis had done was delayed the release of the game at least a month, and included these features in the base game.  I think some of the venom leveled at Sims 4 would have been neutralized had they done so. 

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »
I totally agree, Bri! I think the honest reviews would have gone up a full point with those bug fixes, too.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »
I feel like these additions will make the game a lot more complete. I honestly still don't care about pools though.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:14 PM »
Better now than later. They could have charged us for these add-ons. People are always going to complain about something I guess.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »
I don't really miss pools, and was never a fan of the ghosts, either. Probably the only thing I really, truly miss is Create a Style, and customizing hair colour.
It's almost like they've purposely left these things out, just to appease the angry fans with "awesome FREE content" later.

anything