Author Topic: Sims 3 Guide Mobile Adaptations  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Sims 3 Guide Mobile Adaptations
« on: September 28, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »
I just made changes to the Sims 3 site based on what I'd done with TS4, allowing the news to drop to the bottom (kind of cheesily) if the screen isn't large enough. I also went from fixed-pixel font to one based on your screen. It should make things more legible on smaller screens. Let me know what you think. I just tested the resize, and it's working properly but need to perhaps do some tweaking based on what I see when I get my hands on my girlfriend's phone. I don't want it to push text outside the navigation or anything like that.

Edit: The browser on this phone is AWFUL, but I did manage to get it so that i'm able to read it on my Kindle HDX. It was unreadable without zooming before, and now fits the screen perfectly on either orientation. In landscape it shows the news, I flip the screen and news drops off. I'm thinking this should be a hit with people who don't like to alt-tab to use a browser. Personally, if I were using a phone as small as this one, I would NOT be visiting websites intending to read much. It is like a 3" screen or so but uses a generic "Browser" that is not obeying commands to increase font size lol.  :o

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Sims 3 Guide Mobile Adaptations
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 07:16:59 PM »
I just made changes to the Sims 3 site based on what I'd done with TS4, allowing the news to drop to the bottom (kind of cheesily) if the screen isn't large enough. I also went from fixed-pixel font to one based on your screen. It should make things more legible on smaller screens. Let me know what you think. I just tested the resize, and it's working properly but need to perhaps do some tweaking based on what I see when I get my hands on my girlfriend's phone. I don't want it to push text outside the navigation or anything like that.

Edit: The browser on this phone is AWFUL, but I did manage to get it so that i'm able to read it on my Kindle HDX. It was unreadable without zooming before, and now fits the screen perfectly on either orientation. In landscape it shows the news, I flip the screen and news drops off. I'm thinking this should be a hit with people who don't like to alt-tab to use a browser. Personally, if I were using a phone as small as this one, I would NOT be visiting websites intending to read much. It is like a 3" screen or so but uses a generic "Browser" that is not obeying commands to increase font size lol.  :o

Cool good changes. If you ever need send me a message and I can send you a message back with a screeshot of my samsung galaxy. Quite a few people I know also use http://www.opera.com/developer/mobile-emulator if that helps at all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Sims 3 Guide Mobile Adaptations
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 07:26:38 PM »
Very useful, I'm downloading it now. Thank you very much! People have so many different devices that it is very challenging to design for them. You essentially need to find something that works for 'most' unless you want to go with a purely mobile site, which I have no interest in doing. I just want people to have better access to the actual page content, and think this has helped.