Author Topic: Does anyone know how to obtain pomegranates? (Locations of all new harvestables)  (Read 86167 times)

CitrusZebra

I'm new here, and would like to ask if anyone know to get hold of pomegranates. I've been searching for them everywhere around town and check if they're available in the market but to no avail. I need the pomegranates for both my career and the community-related opportunities. I'm also unsure if the opportunities are somewhat related to the markets from either France, Egypt or China cause I just got the new expansion pack last week and this 'quest' appeared only recently.

Hopefully I've provided enough information for everyone to understand my current situation.
Please help!  :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Does anyone know how to obtain pomegranates?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:55:09 PM »
I'm also unsure if the opportunities are somewhat related to the markets from either France, Egypt or China cause I just got the new expansion pack last week and this 'quest' appeared only recently.

Exactly. You won't find them in Sunset Valley. I believe I got the opportunity too. Check France first. I think they're there.

EDIT: Scratch that suggestion. I just googled Pomegranate and it says they're native to southern Asia, so maybe check China first.

Oops. Thanks, Honeymooners. You beat me to the answer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Honeymooners

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »
They are in Egypt

different types of Grapes  in France

Plums in China 

someone correct me if I am wrong

CitrusZebra

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
Okay, Thanks! I sincerely appreciate both of your replies.  :D

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »
They are in Egypt and so are plums.  I have yet to find the plums in China though, and according to the Prima guide, that is supposed to be where you find them.

There are 6 different varities of grapes in France.  

China does have Pomelo and Cherries though, both are trees.  Good luck!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »
Let's just spell out the locations of all the new harvestables with this thread. I'm also moving it to the world adventures board.

Egypt - Pomegranates and Plums can be found here. There is supposed to be a food vendor there who sells pomegranates and cherries but he's never open for me. The two tree varieties can be found across the river to the sphinx's left. There's a small patch of farm land there (visible from map view). There are others but this is the easiest location to describe.

China - Pomelo and Cherry trees are found at Han's Orchard. The vendor at the marketplace sells Plums and Pomelos.

France - Look to the dirt road near the base camp and follow it along the river. It leads near an empty house on a hill. There are Renoit (common) and Meloire (uncommon) grapes there. Renoit, Cherlimola (common) and Avornalino (uncommon) to be found in the nectary's large plot. Cranerlet Nuala and Gralladina Fran Grapes are the two rares. One of each plant can be found on the little island in the middle of the river. If your Sim can Zeneport (requires level 5 meditation) they can get them. Look for them next to the structure there. I've only seen them otherwise at the special vendor for visa level 3 and 40/50 ancient coins. The two uncommons can be purchased there but also require visa levels and ancient coins. I'd stick with the freebies, although the store bought start at a higher quality level.

box3d

If you don't mind cheating there is also a faster way to get all the new plants if you don't feel like visiting each location. This is only for people who don't mind cheating.

Type up testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box, and then type up buydebug in the cheat box. This opens up a new tab in buy mode that lets you buy everything from bug/fish/seed spawners, the plants themselves, pyramids, tomb objects for creating tombs (if you are interesting in creating tombs while in buy mode hold down ctrl + shift, then click on the object and new intereactions come up. It's a little confusing at first but over time you'll understand it.) You can even buy the objects needed to gain martial arts skills, cameras, etc. Most of these objects are free.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

box3d

If you don't mind cheating there is also a faster way to get all the new plants if you don't feel like visiting each location. This is only for people who don't mind cheating.

Type up testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box, and then type up buydebug in the cheat box. This opens up a new tab in buy mode that lets you buy everything from bug/fish/seed spawners, the plants themselves, pyramids, tomb objects for creating tombs (if you are interesting in creating tombs while in buy mode hold down ctrl + shift, then click on the object and new intereactions come up. It's a little confusing at first but over time you'll understand it.) You can even buy the objects needed to gain martial arts skills, cameras, etc. Most of these objects are free.

P.s. this cheat can be used for anything, I use it to make gardens in town, tombs under my house (lol), I'm pretty sure you can make shops like in china/egypt/france, that allow you to go in and buy relics/etc, because there are cash registers to buy. I think you have to use debug interactions though to attach an npc to them, not sure yet though I didn't test it out. Anywho, be creative. :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Great tip for those who just want the goods without dealing with the excruciating loads times.

box3d

Great tip for those who just want the goods without dealing with the excruciating loads times.

Thanks Carl,
I myself would rather visit the three locations because I would imagine it makes the game a lot funner. But I've had to reinstall my games twice, and create several new families because I was having issues with CC, and all my lots turned blue after going home from visiting a location, so after many attempts at trying to fix my game, and restarting from scratch I've just not had any interest yet in visiting them again, now that my game is working fine haha. I'm sure sooner or later I will again, but visiting France/ etc. from scratch and doing the same quests over and over again to gain visa points just got boring.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
I have to agree it could get boring, but after the first quest it's random it seems. Go with different skills on a Sim and you'll get different quests. That seems to be the rundown, and of course you can decline the ones you don't like.

box3d

Thanks. I've been sending my current nectar-making sim to different locations now that he has different skills and it's ALOT less boring now ha. Sometimes I wish I could just live in France because I like the scenary, and adventures.

When the create-a-world tool comes out I'm going to try making a remake of the destination that my sims can live in. Still trying to figure out the cheat so I can edit the nectary and stuff that way I can save France's homes, and community buildings to the lots section.

Offline limefrog

• Nooboo
box3d: Thanks. I've been sending my current nectar-making sim to different locations now that he has different skills and it's ALOT less boring now ha. Sometimes I wish I could just live in France because I like the scenary, and adventures.

When the create-a-world tool comes out I'm going to try making a remake of the destination that my sims can live in. Still trying to figure out the cheat so I can edit the nectary and stuff that way I can save France's homes, and community buildings to the lots section.

I highly suggest you do not copy the Champs des Sims nectary as it has an extraordinarily large tomb underneath. It is simple enough to create a custom nectary in a home world just by including a nectary cash register, as it will spawn the proper NPC and a full inventory for sale in any world. However for the nectary skill books, they will only be available in Champs les Sims.

Offline limefrog

• Nooboo
box3d: Thanks. I've been sending my current nectar-making sim to different locations now that he has different skills and it's ALOT less boring now ha. Sometimes I wish I could just live in France because I like the scenary, and adventures.

I highly suggest you do not copy the Champs des Sims nectary as it has an extraordinarily large tomb underneath. It is simple enough to create a custom nectary in a home world just by including a nectary cash register, as it will spawn the proper NPC and a full inventory for sale in any world. However for the nectary skill books, they will only be available in Champs les Sims.

Ah just figured out how to quote properly sorry box3d :D

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Thanks. I've been sending my current nectar-making sim to different locations now that he has different skills and it's ALOT less boring now ha. Sometimes I wish I could just live in France because I like the scenary, and adventures.

If you get visa level 3, you can buy a place in France and your sim can travel there for up to 15 days. My sim does her nectar making in France where I have set the summer season to 15 days, and the other seasons to 3 days. Then she returns home with the bottles for storage.