Author Topic: Red's Legacy Challenge (The Starr Family) [graveyard :( please ]  (Read 48963 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Red's Legacy Challenge (The Starr Family)
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2014, 01:28:13 AM »
New Story is out! :)

Day 12: It's a We Thing

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2014, 01:41:23 AM »
You should totally make it special. Red acts all tough but inside she's crying out to be put first, made to feel special and most importantly of all... to be the center of positive attention. Make it special.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2014, 01:50:22 AM »
You should totally make it special. Red acts all tough but inside she's crying out to be put first, made to feel special and most importantly of all... to be the center of positive attention. Make it special.  ;)
For sure!

I was kind of nervous to change up the writing style to include both but was feeling like Gideon was getting lost in the shadows and feared it would get worse the more family was added. Plus what to do when she works and he is off all day. So I had to think of a way to transition to them. Hopefully it wasn't confusing to follow.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2014, 02:09:51 AM »
No, not confusing.
I agree, it is quite difficult trying to find the right 'voice' to tell a story, especially as you grow the family and have significantly more characters. I enjoyed reading from Gideon's perspective as he is like your strong character that just loves Red regardless.  :)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2014, 04:33:10 AM »
So heartwarming, it must be hard for being different, but that's alright. They just didn't see how special that person is if they already made the judgment. Well, being normal is boring anyway, hahahah. Yup, I agree with Pace. There are people who will love us for who we are, so why bother? We already see that in Red life. It also tires me out just to pretend to be someone else.

At least Gideon already showed her that he truly cares to Red, that's what matter. That means he even sacrifices himself just want to be with Red and for me that's the sweetest thing to do. Just like one MLTR song - Sweetest Surprise that could sum everything ;)  Oh, I don’t know how to describe it but the story is flowing so natural and I could see the development between the characters and telling back-story too add more value to the story. It’s enjoyable to read. 

P.S: It also a nice touches (point the banner for Gideon). Not for Gideon only but other sections as well. You experiment a lot these days and well done! Oh, please tell Pace its ok not to be best at everything, just be the best for the person that you love or… best for something that we’re good at or love.

P.P.S: Keep it up but please take a good care of yourself. We'll worry if something happened to you. You know that health is important, when we sick… Well, we couldn't do anything we love :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2014, 04:42:24 AM »
I really like this legacy!  :D I'm looking forward to knowing more of Red's story.

(Really, worthy of my second-ever-post in the forums after the introductions. I love this.)

The color names idea seem awesome. I can't go beyond the name Scarlet though, which I think is kind of feminine.

Thanks :) I'm really glad your liking the story. I've become quite attached to these two!

I love a good back story! I also really liked how you included Pace too.. Excellent as always!  ;D

Glad you enjoyed the backstory. I found it fun to think of a way to play on the fact that Pace and him knew each other and decided that it should go farther than just a random thing :)

No, not confusing.
I agree, it is quite difficult trying to find the right 'voice' to tell a story, especially as you grow the family and have significantly more characters. I enjoyed reading from Gideon's perspective as he is like your strong character that just loves Red regardless.  :)

Glad your enjoying the multiple perspectives. Yea I don't know how actual writers do this with jumping around as characters die or so on. Then again I guess most of them doing tell it first person and have the character die and the book not end lol.

*snip*

Glad you enjoyed the backstory! Thanks for the compliment on the banners and such. I try to give each page its own unique identity in a way. I think you're right and that story definitely sums up their relationship. We should be seeing more of Pace (possibly) so we may see him grow/get advice and so on. I will definitely keep my health in good standing :) Luckily I just had the 25 hr flu so some sleep and I was good to go!

Since you guys were the first to give me the support and courage I wanted to give you the opportunity to see the newest story. If interested check it out here it wont be officially posted till tomorrow at 12:01am my time which is a little over 21 hrs from now.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2014, 05:08:40 AM »
I would be love to see new story soon, but it would be better to hold that out just to make the suspense ;) But, that's okay. It never hurt just like Playalot sometimes, surely she postingalot too and everyone doesn’t mind. That's so lovely of you.  I just sound like a granny *facepalm*

Rose is a one of beautiful name. It means Flower. I also had a few chuckles from captions alone. Man you should participate in caption contest someday those never fail to make me laugh. Or I just laugh at everything hahahah. I just love comedy elements, I think everybody does. You have your own way of sense of humor, justproud. You should be proud with the talents that you had. You had many that made me envy and the thing I love from you the most is your efforts! :D

P.S: I was feeling sick all day (its 4.01 P.M in my time), but since I read your story strangely I feel much better. I just want to say: thank you for sharing Red’s story, that’s a beautiful thing to read which also give me encouragement and support... somehow.
Arimau's Playground

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2014, 04:47:22 AM »
I somehow missed the last update and then found it on Google+. I feel kind of bad about not commenting sooner, since I've been following your story so closely. Oops. Sorry about that.

Personally, I think that Red and Gideon should have a wedding. I can see it being a chaotic affair for the two of them, leading to much fun for the Watcher and for the readers.

Red remains one of the most entertaining sim characters I've ever encountered. I just love her!

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »
I liked reading Gideon's back story , it's nice to know more about him and how Pace and him ended up being friends. Nice touch :)

I think Gideon should surprise Red, maybe with a traditional wedding.  He can always give her a hug and calm her down if she throws a fit  8)
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »
Personally, I think that Red and Gideon should have a wedding. I can see it being a chaotic affair for the two of them, leading to much fun for the Watcher and for the readers.
I think Gideon should surprise Red, maybe with a traditional wedding.  He can always give her a hug and calm her down if she throws a fit  8)

Wedding! Wedding! Wedding! Haha, but seriously. I would like to see them have one too. :)

Your story is really entertaining so far. I love Red and Gideon together.  Can't wait for the baby, I'm hoping its a girl so she can be named Ruby. :D Even if that's not what you end up naming her, I'm gonna call her that in my head because it's perfect. Haha.
Keep up the great work. :D

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
If you missed it Day 13 is up

Day 13: What a Suprise

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »
Aw, Rose. Wonder if she'll have the hair to match her mama? Or her temper?  ;D

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
Wonder if she'll have the hair to match her mama? Or her temper?  ;D
That doesn't matter for me; at least she’ll have something that similar like her Mom. What’s that? Something that comes inside that not everyone realize or all people have ;)

I’m so proud of Red. She’s been through a lot, she comes this far and now she deserved to get the happiness that she always wanted. If Red was real I just wanted to be with her, stay by her side, nothing more than that. I’m so jealous of Gideon hahahahah :D
Arimau's Playground

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2014, 11:03:27 PM »
I'm really irritated with weebly at the moment cause the dates are messing up on my posts which puts them out of order. I've made sure all the links are direct links but if you try to use the <<< previous and forward >>> they be may be messed up. I've spent most my day trying to get this fixed but I'm working on a new story now it should be up in a bit!

Aw, Rose. Wonder if she'll have the hair to match her mama? Or her temper?  ;D

I'm hoping for Red hair but don't know yet I actually haven't even seen her age (tempted to cheat but I'll resist lol).

That doesn't matter for me; at least she’ll have something that similar like her Mom. What’s that? Something that comes inside that not everyone realize or all people have ;)

I’m so proud of Red. She’s been through a lot, she comes this far and now she deserved to get the happiness that she always wanted. If Red was real I just wanted to be with her, stay by her side, nothing more than that. I’m so jealous of Gideon hahahahah :D

She'll most definitely have a bit of her mom and dad in her question is which part is going to shine and will it be magnified?

_________

I will say I do generate my child's traits before hand (as soon as their born) and keep them in a text file. Rose certainly has an interesting combination.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2014, 11:16:20 PM »
Quote:
 "I really hope she was exaggerating because I was completely shocked when she told me. I almost felt bad for helping in the process."... and then the picture of his face LOL  ;D <wipes coffee of pc screen, again>

Way too funny justproud2b... hahaha