Author Topic: Red's Legacy Challenge (The Starr Family) [graveyard :( please ]  (Read 48972 times)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: Red's Legacy Challenge (The Starr Family)
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »
Red has so many layers to her which is why I am loving have a such an interesting character to play. I just hope her future legacy will be as interesting since I have no control of the traits!

I hope that I could be there and hug her and say "you're will be alright, hang in there until you're could afford a better life." Red seems a very fun Sim to have with. Mostly people misunderstood her, she just want to be herself and I think that's nothing wrong with that.

It makes me so happy to see people connecting with Red. I was so absurdly nervous before I started writing this.

That’s because you gave her a ‘life’, she’s more than just a Sim for me. That’s what I love when I cross over to see other stories. They have so much interesting style to tell and you did a good job, justproud.

Hopefully she'd end up with the right person. I couldn't bear if something happened to her.
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 PM »
Quote from: arimau link=http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic=21797.msg390387#msg390387 date=1412364084
Quote from: justproud2b link=http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21797.msg390287.html#msg390287
It makes me so happy to see people connecting with Red. I was so absurdly nervous before I started writing this.

That’s because you gave her a ‘life’, she’s more than just a Sim for me. That’s what I love when I cross over to see other stories. They have so much interesting style to tell and you did a good job, justproud.

I second this. It's hard to put yourself on the line when you've worked so hard to make your founding character a real character ("person") and not just pixels in a picture. You're doing an excellent job of it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »
With such difficult trait to work with - You sure have made Red such a loveable and quirky character. The way that you are showing her vulnerable side but still making her tough is amazing. Keep up the great work!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2014, 02:23:17 AM »
Just letting you know I'm still readin' and enjoin'  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2014, 03:43:18 AM »
Dear Red,
I am glad that you are doing well in Willow Creek. I can see that your insecure childhood has left a mark in you. In side of that tough (and gorgeous) exterior still lives the very vulnerable little girl from Bridgeport. Don't worry, I am sure that you can trust Gideon. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he can see past whatever mean things Pace might have told about you. Gideon seems such a catch, so grab him with your both hands and never let go!
Love Tipi (who enjoys your story very much) :)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Day 9: Dear Jane
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 05:20:23 AM »
To My Lil' Piggy's

Thanks for writing, I agree Gideon is great but I still don't know where we stand. I had hoped when I woke I would be able to get some information from Gideon. Unfortunately for me he was already at work due to our having complete opposite schedules. I was trying hard to get another promotion at work and I needed to work on my mischief and get a few more pickpocket's down. With things kind of being a toss up right now with Gideon, I figured today I would focus all my attention on my career because with or without him I still need a raise. I was happy to have found out the clothes I ordered had shown up. I'm kind of fond of my new look and if there is one thing my life has taught me it is that change is good. I did a few things I needed to around the house then headed out to improve my skills before work. I thought about waiting around to see if Gideon would show but I've learned from Pace that I despise going to work angry (no matter how good I look in red).

(Love my new jeans!)

At first I went to the museum I had figured I had never been there before. Shortly after arriving I realized why these were not my kind of people so I found someone to borrow some money from and moved over to gym. Usually I enjoy the gym but I just wasn't feeling it today so I ended up deciding to go to the Library and figure out what I could on programming. Rumor has it that there is a position opening soon that will allow me to branch out into hacking. Since I've found this love for computer games I decided I should see if this would be something I was interested in before it was an option. Turns out I actually enjoy this programming a lot. I'm going to need to save up to get a computer at home! I must have lost track of time because before I knew it I needed to be at work. Maybe Gideon will be up when I get home and I can finally find out what Pace said and what is going on with us.

When I came home I was feeling pretty confident even though I hadn't gotten a promotion I was so close I could taste it. As I walked up to the door I noticed a letter taped to it. It was from Gideon (this can't be good). I took a breath and read it. It said...

Quote from: Gideon's Letter
Red,

Pace did inform me that you were after him and told me you want to be in the finest richest house. He said a lot of negative things that I’d rather not repeat. I’m not very good with my words but I wanted to write you this Poem because I wanted to make sure you clearly knew my reasons for the decision I made.

It’s not about the things you say when your angry in that way
It’s not about you being flirty although that really hurt(y)
It’s not about any riches or things you cannot buy
It’s not about the things you do that make you have to lie.

It is about the attitude that sometimes makes me scream
Your need for all the finer things that in life I just can’t bring
You need to have a better man who’s Red in every way
To give you all the joys in life each giving day

For this I wish the best to you and give you one last thing

If only I could give to you…

All I could think was oh not again! I know he didn't fall asleep this time he hung it! The letter was smudged at the bottom like tears had fallen on it. I don't know what this means but whatever it is Gideon was obviously crying so I'm going to have to call him and straighten this out in the morning. As I entered the door there was Gideon kneeling on the floor and he said, "this ring... If only I could give you this ring!"

(Wow, a ring and a make over he can work wonders in a short amount of time!)

I thought of many words I could have said to him about what I thought his letter meant but then I remembered... He did say he wasn't good with words! I decided instead to say yes. The man did dye his hair and change his outfit to prove a point to me. He told me later the reason he did everything the way he did it and got his makeover is because with my being hot-headed keeping me speechless is the only guaranteed way to get a word in. Then made some joke about how the world sometimes feels like it's only from my point of view (I didn't find it funny).

It wasn't till right before I went to write this letter to you that I even realized that from Gideon getting a promotion on his first day he went ahead an bought us new kitchen stuff (I have a stove now and red counters!) Today's definitely been an eventful day I hope when you all start your adventures there even more exciting than my own. I will write again tomorrow!

Love,

P.S. Gideon told me he basically told Pace it wasn't about who I was it was about who I am and if he was going to be his friends he needed to let the past go and respect me.

P.P.S. I just realized I need to plan a wedding now?! I have no idea where to get married or what to wear!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »
Good that she found  a loving guy. Even though he was looking more lovely before his makeover, that is my opinion at least.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
Good that she found  a loving guy. Even though he was looking more lovely before his makeover, that is my opinion at least.

You mean the clothes or hair? Every other shot of him he was in his party clothes (found that out when he moved in)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2014, 04:17:22 PM »
You mean the clothes or hair? Every other shot of him he was in his party clothes (found that out when he moved in)

The hair, I loved him blonde <3

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2014, 04:24:48 PM »
The hair, I loved him blonde <3

Yea I have to say I thought he was cute blonde too we'll have to see where to story takes it :)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2014, 05:32:29 PM »

I'm with LenaLJ. Gideon looks lovelier before his makeover :)

It's so sweet to know there's Gideon that even sacrifices his hair and style because he wants to be with Red. He must really love Red! I also love Gideon’s poem. He’s such a sweetie. And the picture when Gideon shows Red the ring is lovely. It’s a nice capture. I really love that, especially looking at the heart which makes me feel like: Aww.  But, just like Red who wants to be herself I think it also good that Gideon become himself too. Stay true. It’s all about the beauty in the difference. At least he already prove his love and Red can still have red things anyway, hehe.

P.S: For the place: maybeee Gideon has the answer for you, Red. But for something to wear, I think you already know what you want to wear ;)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
Yay for Gideon. Even showing his love by having the same hair colour as his soon to be wife.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2014, 12:04:04 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments and kind words. Sorry I've been doing tons of things right now so I haven't had the amount of time to come back and comment as much as I usually do! I am going to be doing another story again tonight to keep up with it. I really appreciate all the support I've received. I'm actually working on a little special surprise as a thank you :)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Day 10: Promotions
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2014, 08:41:42 AM »
To My Lil' Piggy's

My morning began with me yelling to Gideon. I know I should have been more patient but I wasn't sure what else to do! When I woke I thought either him or I were bleeding cause there was red all over my hands. Turns out he hadn't permanently dyed his hair it was part of his "keeping me speechless" and I guess that last night during our celebrating our engagement I got his dye all over my hands and didn't even notice it. As I washed up he made us breakfast as we sat down I just began letting him have it. I assume he knew it was coming cause he remained calm and just sat there while I let off steam. Now I must admit I was glad it wasn't permanent cause I am quite partial to his blonde hair and blue eyes.

Now speaking of my blonde haired, blue eyed wolf. In the last letter I mentioned that Gideon got a promotion, his official title is Module Cleaner. He says it's a tough job and that overall he has to stay fit and continue to increase his knowledge in logic. I don't know what kind of logic is needed for the space program but who knows maybe he'll show me where a few stars are one day.

(Gideon heading off to work. He so cute in his outfit!)

All day I haven't felt well I must have eaten something weird last night. I did eat some salad that I think was green for the wrong reasons (I was hungry!) I tried to push through though cause I'm so close to my promotion. All I needed to do was go to town and borrow some money from one more person. When Gideon left I still had 7 hours till I worked so I figured this was plenty of time. I thought about going to the park but no offense to you guys, you know how I am around kids that aren't family. Instead I decided to head to the next town over and visit the Rattlesnake Juice Bar.

While I was there I met quite a few interesting people but no one interesting enough to mention. I did however find someone to borrow money from so I was set for work. I then decided to go to the library again cause I was really enjoying playing on the computer and programming and wanted to learn as much as I could before that promotion opened up. I'm not exactly sure how positions become available in the criminal career but I've come to learn some questions are better left not asked. While I was at the library I did have an interested thing happened. I actually sat and talked to people for quite a while. Of course I was still mischievous here and there but I think I could get used to this. There was a man named Mortimer there now I found him a bit boring but I played along because the stories he told me about his wife were interesting and she sounds like my kind of person!

(I like her top. I really have no clue what Mortimer is talking about.)

As usual I lost track of time at the library and needed to get home to make sure all my needs were met before work. I somehow managed to break the toilet (I'm blaming bad plumbing) but with Gideon wanting to be "Mr. Fix-it" I decided to just let it sit there for him when he got home. When I got home from work not only was I in a wonderful mood because I had gotten a promotion (I'm now a Minor Crimelord) but Gideon being the wonderful man he is not only fixed the toilet but he also had bought us a table and chairs. On my way home from work I had picked up a desk set and computer. So as I sat there eating my dinner and staring around the place I realized I've come pretty far.

I wasn't talking to myself I was um planning out this letter out loud

It only feels like yesterday I was leaving you guys and heading out on my own adventure. Yet here now I sit thinking about a wedding and planning out my future. Hopefully tomorrow Gideon and I can talk about the wedding plans. Being that I'm not real big on people (still working on that) I'd rather it be small maybe even just elope. With all he's done for me and how amazing he's been if he wanted something bigger I'd do it for him. We'll have till tomorrow I guess. I may have to go to the doctor if I don't feel better tomorrow. I've still got a pretty upset stomach even writing you this letter I had to excuse myself a few times. Oh well my bed is calling me, I'll write again tomorrow!

Love,

P.S. I think Gideon's the type of guy who would want kids but I'm not really sure. Would you wait to see if he brings it up or should I? I don't want him to think I don't care what he wants.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2014, 09:09:04 AM »
Ok now I can actually respond... haha

It's hard sometimes to respond to comments cause I've typically played a few days ahead of the story you guys are reading :) So I try to not give anything away. To those who spoke about his hair yeah I agree. When thinking of the entire story I tried to imagine all the most shocking things he could do and remembered it was mentioned of dying hair (thank you for the idea!) and I was like hmm a blonde becoming red haired is shocking (but it'd never stick).