Author Topic: Emotions and Items/Actions That Influence Them  (Read 319812 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: Emotions and Items/Actions That Influence Them
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2014, 02:53:27 PM »
From the Soulmate Aspiration reward, "Companion" you get 2 new Social choices with your Spouse.  Each one gives a 4 hour +1 happy moodlet to both Sims, but it's the same moodlet for both socials.  Moodlet is "Great Relief". 

The social options disappear after you've used them, I'm not sure how long,  but I've never had a situation where I couldn't get the moodlet due to not having one of the socials.  It does require a special interaction though, so you can't use it while multi-tasking.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »
New Baby gives +3 Happy.
Writing a high quality song give Competent Composer for +2
Work events can give happy and angry moodlets as well. I've seen +1 Happy for a painter getting their own wing in a museum, and I've seen +1 Angry for a musician not getting credit for their work. I'm sure there are many others.
Bring to Tears with the violin gives the target Sim +2 Sad.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2014, 01:05:07 PM »
An Insame Sim will periodically get the moodlet "Flarn" which gives Angry +1 for 3 hours.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2014, 10:07:13 AM »
Added everything  8)

Writing a high quality song give Competent Composer for +2

Is this a happy moodlet or confident?

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »
Added everything  8)

Is this a happy moodlet or confident?

Confident.  It seems all high-level inspirational stuff gives confidant moodlets when performed well.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2014, 10:44:54 PM »
This is wonderful just2be and all you guys who have contributed.  Question:  is there a list of objects and what their exact emotions/auras are?  My sink has an aura, my fridge does, my coffee maker and there are more.  Some are obvious, some are already listed, (reward lamps), and some are just big mysteries.  I'm trying to make mood rooms, like all inspired stuff in the kitchen, or mood areas, but having a hard time wrapping my head around all the items.  Like, I know if you play chess you get a focused emotion but what about something like the card table?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2014, 11:56:36 PM »
This is wonderful just2be and all you guys who have contributed.  Question:  is there a list of objects and what their exact emotions/auras are?  My sink has an aura, my fridge does, my coffee maker and there are more.  Some are obvious, some are already listed, (reward lamps), and some are just big mysteries.  I'm trying to make mood rooms, like all inspired stuff in the kitchen, or mood areas, but having a hard time wrapping my head around all the items.  Like, I know if you play chess you get a focused emotion but what about something like the card table?

A quick summary from what I've learned about decorations/room design.  You can get anywhere from +1 to +3 moodlet for both happy and one other emotion in the same room. 

The happy moodlet depends mostly on the level of "Environment" in the room, but it works a little weird.  If you put a single item with environment 9 or10 in the room, you get a +3 happy moodlet.  If you use +6 or better, +2 happy, +3 or better +1 happy.  You can also combine multiple lower value decorations to hit that +3 happy moodlet, but if you do it actually requires more Environment total (like two environment 7 decorations or so).  Therefore, the easiest way to hit that +3 is to throw in an Environment 10 painting, or one of the armor statues, then decorate the rest of the room as you think looks good. 

The other emotion (focused, inspired, confident, ect.) depends not on the level of the items in the room like happy does, but only on how much there is, so if you want to get +3 confident, for example, the most efficient way to do this would be to paint 3-4 masterpiece paintings, as each will give +9 confidence aura.  You can do similar or better things for the other emotions, a lot of the high-end career rewards give great auras, but IMO the most efficient way for every emotion other than focused and inspired is just to paint a number of masterpiece emotional paintings.  If you are just starting out, you can stack a TON of low level emotional paintings for the same effect (I know that 5 "good" focused paintings turned into +2 focused).

There's a great guide to how those emotion auras stack up on Carl's guide site.  Now I know it might seem like I sidestepped the question a bit (as you wanted to know what items can give what emotion) but consider that you only need +8 of an emotion to get to Very Happy, Focused, whatever.  So with +3 focused and +3 happy from the decorations, you only need +2 more to hit that break-point.  You can pick up a permanent +1 to a room with the "Let there be Light! - Laser show", this item is amazing, its only 375 Simoleons and it gives a +1 moodlet to any sim in the room, more or less.  Sometimes its a little line of sight picky, but that's easy to avoid.  After that, the last +1 is pretty easy to get and maintain, just look at an emotional painting once every 4 hours, or listen to music, or buy a trait that gives you +1 happy at night, take a shower, eat some food, ect.

My point is, while its handy to know what items can give you bonuses to emotions, you can easily hit and maintain +8 to an emotion by stacking 2-3 of a high value item, and without having to worry about which items exactly give what auras, just hit that +3 aura and then decorate the room the way you like!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »
Flirty: Fantasizing About Weddings (click on wedding arch)
         Flirty +1/ 4 Hrs.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2014, 01:49:43 PM »
Tense: Startled By Ghost

Tense +2 /4hours

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »
Happy +3

Gift From Mother Nature
(From Eating a Harvestable)
There's nothing better than hand-picked food!

4 hours

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2014, 09:25:38 AM »
I've updated everything to this point (I think).

Offline Sayaka

• Waffle Burner
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2014, 07:05:38 PM »
Don't know if it's been said yet, but you can click on a sim that has the High Metabolism trait (and therefore the Bodybuilder Aspiration) and have them "Drink Energy Juice" for a +1 Energized that lasts for 3 hours.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »
Forgot to add the exact time and amount, but "Just Married!" gets sims Happy. Moodlet shows up right after the vows are exchanged at a wedding, or immediately if the sims decide to elope right away.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2014, 03:42:07 PM »
Forgot to add the exact time and amount, but "Just Married!" gets sims Happy. Moodlet shows up right after the vows are exchanged at a wedding, or immediately if the sims decide to elope right away.

48 hours, +3.  In addition, you can "Renew Vows" at a wedding arch for the same moodlet at any time.  Makes it very easy to maintain a very emotional state.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:56 AM »
Got it all thanks :-D