Author Topic: Emotions and Items/Actions That Influence Them  (Read 319823 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Emotions and Items/Actions That Influence Them
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »
Updated to this point (thanks for all the additions loving this community!)

Also just to update I started adding information for each emotion. I've done Angry and Happy. Trying to find the best way to describe the emotions without copy and pasting from some random site heh. If you have any tweak suggestions for what I've done feel free to let me know and I will definitely take them into consideration :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »
Angry - if you declare another sim your enemy you get an angry moodlet. A sure way to get a sim angry and a good tactic for the soul mate aspiration that requires you to apologize while angry.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »
My sim is currently in the secret agent career and has to "browse intelligence" for her daily task - it's a guaranteed way to make the bored emotion pop up! Pretty sure 100% of the times she's done it she has gained the bored moodlet.... Which is slightly annoying  ;D

Think it usually occurs about 1/2 hour in.

Offline ArthurHeng

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »
Billy posted a nice list of mixologist drinks in the old guide that is yet to be added, I think the info is too good to be missed. I suggest going through the posts in old guide again, might have missed some info:

More mixology emotions beverages :

Cupid's Juice        lvl 1  10$ Flirty +1                       ( must be in flirty mode to mix)
Love Potion # 4   lvl 7  75$ Flirty+2 Happiness +2 ( must be in flirty mode to mix )
Protein Shake      lvl 1  30$ Energized + 2 no special mood required to mix - unlocked with fitness skill 5 note- fill the hungry bar more then other drinks
Sea of Fire           lvl 4  80$ Confident+1   no special mood required to mix
Prose and pop     lvl 5  80$ Inspired+2 Happy +2 ( must be inspired to mix)
Hot and smoky    lvl 8 125$ Confident +2 no special mood required to mix
Vigorator             lvl 8 100$ Energized +2 Happy + 2 ( must be energized to mix)
Amygdelight        lvl 8 100$ Focused +2  Happy +2 ( must be focused to mix)

All moodlets are for 4 hours.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »
Billy posted a nice list of mixologist drinks in the old guide that is yet to be added, I think the info is too good to be missed. I suggest going through the posts in old guide again, might have missed some info:

Yea I am sure I did... I was trying to go through all of those and finish this... Was very hectic so I will make sure to do a once over again but if I miss something please let me know

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2014, 06:49:33 PM »
I updated the list, later on I'll re-check the old list. Thank you again to everyone who's given more info and helped catch info I've missed it has all been extremely helpful.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »
My sim is currently in the secret agent career and has to "browse intelligence" for her daily task - it's a guaranteed way to make the bored emotion pop up! Pretty sure 100% of the times she's done it she has gained the bored moodlet.... Which is slightly annoying  ;D

Think it usually occurs about 1/2 hour in.

Not so. It only seems to happen to my sim some of the time. And to start with, there is a chance they will get the embarrassed moodlet from reading sensitive information.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2014, 07:17:49 PM »
Not so. It only seems to happen to my sim some of the time. And to start with, there is a chance they will get the embarrassed moodlet from reading sensitive information.

I love that people can have such different experiences it keeps the game interesting. I'll note both Embarrassed and Bored with optional situations of this.

Offline ArthurHeng

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »
There are actually at least 3 possible outcomes for that action, bored for too much intel??? embarassed for accidentally seeing sensitive info, or you get a moodlet that helps boosting your work performance, lasts 2 days or ends after a promotion. One of the longest lasting moodlet I've seen so far.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 12:19:56 AM »
There are actually at least 3 possible outcomes for that action, bored for too much intel??? embarassed for accidentally seeing sensitive info, or you get a moodlet that helps boosting your work performance, lasts 2 days or ends after a promotion. One of the longest lasting moodlet I've seen so far.

Do you know the name of that moodlet and which emotion it effects?

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 12:24:29 AM »

You are right, I have had the embarrassed and positive moodlet as well pop up. For me I think the positive moodlet popped up whilst she was carrying out "intelligence research" though. That's not to say it can't happen on the "browse intelligence" though. In the case of the embarrassed moodlet though, she definitely got the bored moodlet first for me, then then embarrassed moodlet in the same session (over two hours).

Edited to correct wording. Oh and you can get the uncomfortable moodlet from dirty surroundings: dirty plates and sinks etc.

Offline ArthurHeng

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 02:10:27 AM »
Do you know the name of that moodlet and which emotion it effects?

You are in luck! Firing up my old family and my male sim is having that moodlet. "Possible Lead" Focused+1 for 2 days. Ends when you get a promotion.

You are right, I have had the embarrassed and positive moodlet as well pop up. For me I think the positive moodlet popped up whilst she was carrying out "intelligence research" though. That's not to say it can't happen on the "browse intelligence" though. In the case of the embarrassed moodlet though, she definitely got the bored moodlet first for me, then then embarrassed moodlet in the same session (over two hours).

Edited to correct wording. Oh and you can get the uncomfortable moodlet from dirty surroundings: dirty plates and sinks etc.

In my case once he's done with the research browsing he has to wait until the next work day to do it again. The Intelligence Browse seems will end in 2 hours, then grant you a random moodlet. While the research seems to go on forever, and it is to fulfill work requirements. Once you've done the 2 hours intel browsing, both will be disabled until you come back from work the next time.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2014, 02:55:21 AM »

You are in luck! Firing up my old family and my male sim is having that moodlet. "Possible Lead" Focused+1 for 2 days. Ends when you get a promotion.

Thanks I updated the list!

Offline ArthurHeng

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 03:25:48 AM »
Here is a test I conducted for normal sims vs Foodie sims, basically Foodies have higher standards for food and drinks, but the best food make them much happier than sims with normal taste buds. This test assumes all food are of Excellent quality:

Normal
Normal Dish 1-3   gives Pretty Tasty Happy+1 4hrs
Normal Dish 4-6   gives Delicious Dish Happy+1 4hrs
Normal Dish 7-10 gives Fantastic Food Happy+2 5hrs

Gourmet Dish 1-3   gives Delicious Dish Happy+1 4hrs
Gourmet Dish 4-6   gives Fantastic Food Happy+2 5hrs
Gourmet Dish 7-10 gives Epic Meal Happy+3 6hrs

Foodie
Normal Dish 1-3   gives no moodlet
Normal Dish 4-6   gives Delicious Dish Happy+1 4hrs
Normal Dish 7-10 gives Scrumptious! Happy+3 5hrs

Gourmet Dish 1-3   gives Delicious Dish Happy+1 4hrs
Gourmet Dish 4-6   gives Scrumptious! Happy+3 5hrs
Gourmet Dish 7-10 gives Delectable Dish Happy+4 6hrs

Happy+4 for 6 hours is pretty insane, I didn't realize it goes that high, always thought Happy+3 is the max. Pretty Tasty and Delicious Dish give the same benefits with different wording.

Stove quality will only affect the quality of the cooking. Fridge, stove upgrades and cooking skills will give additional moodlets.

For drinks, lower tier drinks will make Foodie Disappointing Drinks Uncomfortable+1 for 4hrs, while higher tier drinks make them Happy+2 for 4hrs.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2014, 05:35:41 AM »

In my case once he's done with the research browsing he has to wait until the next work day to do it again. The Intelligence Browse seems will end in 2 hours, then grant you a random moodlet. While the research seems to go on forever, and it is to fulfill work requirements. Once you've done the 2 hours intel browsing, both will be disabled until you come back from work the next time.

Yep same with me, I just got the bored moodlet whilst she was carrying out the action of browse intelligence and the embarrassed moodlet once she had finished. It certainly does disable once you have completed the two hours. Not so sure about the intelligence research though, she's only had to do that once so far.

anything