Author Topic: Bonus traits?  (Read 17298 times)

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
Bonus traits?
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »
Is there a limit for bonus traits? I ask this because  I noticed that my sim have only 2 bonus traits after 10 aspiration completed ( tho I do have all the reward traits from finishing aspirations).  I have collector from freelancer botanist nature starting aspiration, I also have essence of flavor from second master mixologist aspiration, but I do not have gregarious from friend of the world, no fast metabolism from bodybuilding, no fast learner from nerd brain and so on.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Bonus traits?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »
I think you can only get two.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »
Are you sure? I just noticed that my sim spouse has only 1 bonus trait ( for the master chef starting aspiration) and nothing for 7 more aspirations.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 04:36:53 PM »
No, I am not sure. That's why I said think.

You can get one and not two, if that's what you mean.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »
My sim has one for each aspiration she has completed.... 5 now. Have you tried expanding the trait window?

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 01:27:05 AM »
You can have 12 or more.. there is an achievement for having 12 or more traits. your traits are a mix of the ones you started with, ones from completing aspirations and ones from the rewards store.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 02:08:43 AM »
Rewards store?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 03:04:07 AM »
My sim has one for each aspiration she has completed.... 5 now. Have you tried expanding the trait window?

When you complete an aspiration I thought you get 2 permanent traits, 1 bonus trait for the aspiration chosen and 1 reward trait for completing the aspiration.
Freelance botanist starting aspiration got me collector ( bonus trait) and naturalist ( reward trait)
Master chef /mixologist gave me essence of flavor ( bonus trait) and potion master/fresh chef ( reward traits)
Friend of the world/Joke star DID NOT gave me gregarious ( bonus trait) but gave me beloved/hilarious ( reward traits)
Bodybuilder DID NOT gave me high metabolism ( bonus trait) but gave me long lived( reward trait)
and the pattern goes on for 5 more aspirations.

Yes, I expanded the window, nothing new found.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 03:25:17 AM »
The bonus trait is only for the aspiration chosen in CAS.  After that, you can get as many reward traits as aspirations you complete, but you won't get bonus traits for switching aspirations or choosing another after completing the first.  So you can have only one bonus trait, but many traits as rewards.  Some of the things you can purchase with your aspiration points also give you traits - those are some of the items from the rewards store.  To find the reward store, click the parcel icon in the upper right corner of the aspiration window.

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 03:31:31 AM »
So then you think is a bug i got a second bonus trait for the second aspiration ( master chef) ?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
I think people are confusing the bonus trait vs reward trait. 

Bonus trait is the trait you get from picking your aspiration in CAS, and it doesn't change, at least for me.  Even if I change aspiration as soon as I load in game, the bonus trait stays the same (doesn't change to the new one to reflect the new aspiration).

Reward traits you can get as many as you want, this is for finishing the aspiration.  Each aspiration gives different reward trait.

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »
Well, I had 2 bonus traits somehow and I wanted to know why so I did some testing that gave me mixed results.
I started a fresh new game with a new character and I placed him on an empty lot where I bought a dresser to have limited access  to CAS. I used the cheat to speed milestones and quickly finish aspirations. As usually I started with a nature aspiration, got the collector bonus trait from the start and a  few seconds later the aspiration was complete with naturalist reward trait, nothing new. I choose  next bodybuilder, I noticed that the bonus trait was not showing in simology panel so I clicked the dresser to check the CAS and lo and behold the fast metabolism trait was there. Exiting CAS the fast metabolism trait just appeared  in the panel.Check the pic.

If I chose a new aspiration and fast forward to complete it then I will never get the bonus trait. So if you want the bonus trait for the new aspiration all you have to do, after selecting the new aspiration, is to enter CAS with a dresser or even with a mirror and you will get the bonus trait for the new aspiration. Here is the kicker: if you ever buy a trait from the reward shop,many times in CAS ,any reward trait purchased with aspiration points will replace the bonus trait. To correct it you have to save the game, exit sims 4, restart , reload the game, enter CAS with dresser or mirror and the bonus trait will correctly be displayed. After exiting CAS the bonus trait will show in simology panel.

My conclusion is that you are entitled to ALL bonus traits but there is a mild bug that prevents you to get them.

EDIT: (I fixed your pictures ;D - mtglady)

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 02:46:41 PM »
I think you got the bug the wrong way round, it's not preventing you from having them all as you're not supposed to. The bug is that you're managing to give them to your sim with CAS. That's why they get overwritten by new traits, the game recognises that you're only supposed to have one so puts a new trait over one of the ones you're not supposed to have. It is essentially an exploit and breaking the trait system.

My guess as to the cause of the bug is that CAS isn't checking if you already have a bonus trait when you enter it via wardrobe and applies the bonus trait from your current aspiration as if you were newly creating the sim.

If you were supposed to have them all then people would just go through all the aspirations after making a new sim and have a ton of traits, defeating the point of them being a bonus

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »
The way that I see it is that are a bonus for that aspiration and not a bonus for a sim lifetime. Also when you check the simology panel, the description is "reward for choosing ..... aspiration" and not reward for starting with .... aspiration.

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
Then you should lose the old bonus trait, because you no longer choose the old aspiration. It's not really a bonus if it just gives you all of them for nothing.

One free bonus and then rewards you have to work for just makes sense to me.

I also find it hard to believe that EA would miss something as obvious as traits not switching if that was the intended mechanic, while a bug giving extra traits under specific circumstances (switching aspiration and entering CAS) seems more likely to be missed.

Obviously neither of us can prove which way it is intended until EA say something either way, but I personally will be looking at more bonus traits as an exploit based on how I believe the system to work and will avoid CAS until it is fixed.

anything