Author Topic: For the Hoard achievement  (Read 8499 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
For the Hoard achievement
« on: September 24, 2014, 04:01:46 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, about it's about a collecting achievement, which is like a skill.  Does anyone know if you have to complete all the collections within a single household in order to get the For the Hoard achievement?

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: For the Hoard achivement
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
I think all of the achievements are per household, unlike Sims 3 where it was according to your username.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: For the Hoard achivement
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Actually not per household. 

Game A -- I have 10/13 collection, achievement window shows 10/13 progress.
Game B (created after game A) -- I have 2/13 collection, achievement window now shows 12/13 (instead of 2/13 or 10/13).  I created this game solely to do those 2 new collections, and did not repeat any of the old collections I have from game A.

Couldn't complete For the Horde achievement due to gardening bug.

Welcome back ClayMask, I'm moving this to Miscellaneous Help Board (since collecting is not skill related).

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: For the Hoard achievement
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 05:35:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I just tried creating a new game myself and it didn't give the new Sim credit for the previous collections.  Maybe they can be a different family, but have to be in the same save file?  Either that or I did something wrong.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't complete the achievement, Nutella.  I'll have to decide whether it's still worth it to me to try for the rest of the achievement.   

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 05:53:51 PM »
I had 2 different saves for the 2 games.  I thought it was weird too, but I checked and rechecked, it shows 12/13 progress on the game which has the 2 collections completed and shows 10/13 progress on the game which has 10 collections completed.  Definitely weird.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 01:55:12 AM »
Nevermind, I think I know what went wrong in my game.  I thought it might show credit for individual items within the collections, but it didn't.  So each individual collection needs to be completed by the same household, but not every single collection would need to be.  That is, if the achievement was even possible.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 07:58:29 AM »
So each individual collection needs to be completed by the same household, but not every single collection would need to be.

Correct.

Gardening collection is a no go, until they fix the bug nobody will be able to finish that collection.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »
Correct.

Gardening collection is a no go, until they fix the bug nobody will be able to finish that collection.

Nutella, can you direct me to the info on the gardening bug, please?  I've got a gardener busy at work trying to complete the various collections but several plants seem to be nowhere to be found though she's been to the grotto and glade.

Finishing these collections sure isn't easy, with the exception of the "My Sims" statues.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »
Carl got a good gardening guide with plant locations.  Currently grafting is broken, new patch didn't fix it yet, hence the gardening collection cannot be completed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 06:44:29 PM »
Carl got a good gardening guide with plant locations.  Currently grafting is broken, new patch didn't fix it yet, hence the gardening collection cannot be completed.

But my Sim gardener has grafted several plants, including one just yesterday.  She's grafted tulips, potatoes, pears, blackberries, lilies and roses.  Once the grafted plants produce "fruit" she just plants the fruit and we remove the grafted plant so there are only "pure" veggie and fruit plants.

EDIT:  Ok, I see.  It's the Dragon Fruit and possible Pomegranite that are broken as far as grafting and the other missing ones, (Orchid and Dragon Fruit) are basically just missing yet.
Thanks, Nutella

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
Is there any news on plans to fix the gardening bugs in the game? I'm trying to complete an entire collection of everything at the moment, and I'd love to be able to get through all the plants as well.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 07:48:39 AM »
According to the guide, it looks like the only plant that is currently unobtainable by any means other than grafting is the dragonfruit, although many have the bugged grafting option as an additional means of getting them, if it worked.  Hopefully they fix it soon.  I too decided that I'm going to go ahead and work on as many collections as I can, but I'll probably do the gardening one last.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »
I'm finding some things graft quite easily, but have yet to have any grafted plant produce anything except a copy of what was grafted.  So if I graft an apple to a chrysanthemum I get both apples and chrysanthemums from that plant and can then plant one of those fruits/flowers to produce solo plants.  I've also been able to graft things onto the strawberry plant but not flowers and strawberries.  Right now I'm only missing dragonfruit and orchids to complete that collection.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »
Orchid is mailed to you after you complete space rock collection.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 06:10:15 PM »
I've only got one space rock to go but can't seem to get it.  I think it's the overly large space rock.  Do you think the death flower will now be added to the gardening collection set?  I sure hope not as it seems it's another graft item.

----------
My No Buy Story