Author Topic: What happens if only adult dies?  (Read 51028 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
What happens if only adult dies?
« on: September 22, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
So I realize the game requires one adult(of some form) to be in a house. I was curious if anyone had one die leaving just teen/kids and if so what happens?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What happens if only adult dies?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 07:28:05 PM »
If the only adult dies, it's a case of game over! I just did a quick test to find out exactly what happens.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »
I believe a teen is able to live on his/her own, but a child cannot.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:45 PM »
If the only adult dies, it's a case of game over! I just did a quick test to find out exactly what happens.

Wow, I never would have guessed sims had a game over screen. Thank goodness it doesn't say something like, Good thing for you this is only Simulated cause you failed at life" lol

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »
I believe a teen is able to live on his/her own, but a child cannot.

I wasn't sure about teens, but another quick test shows that yes, teens can carry on living alone after the adult dies.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:35:08 PM »
I wasn't sure about teens, but another quick test shows that yes, teens can carry on living alone after the adult dies.

How do you kill people so quick? I find it difficult to kill people in Sims 4

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
How do you kill people so quick? I find it difficult to kill people in Sims 4

It's quite easy to kill off elder sims. They can die from over exertion, so you get them romantically involved with someone and invite them over. Then just keep woohooing with the guest. They get a negative emotion from excessive strenuous activity and will die if you ignore that warning and keep them active!.... I know, I'm evil  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »
It's quite easy to kill off elder sims. They can die from over exertion, so you get them romantically involved with someone and invite them over. Then just keep woohooing with the guest. They get a negative emotion from excessive strenuous activity and will die if you ignore that warning and keep them active!.... I know, I'm evil  :o

Oh my, Twinmum!  What a way to go!

Offline SimsSherry

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »
I had an elder adopt a child, and when he died social services came and took the child and I never saw him again! He just disappeared. .  I was really mad because I spent a ton of time working on this kid.  They should at least have an option for him to go live with another family or something!  I guess I should have known the kid wouldn't be a teen by the time the elder died.  Won't do that again! 

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »
Yeah, I think they should let you keep on playing with the child (like maybe let them get adopted by another household). The idea of a "game over" screen in The Sims is just a bit weird to me.  :o

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 01:19:01 AM »
It would be great for the child to be adopted. Like a screen pops up and says "social services has found you foster parents" and then you go to another family, or get an option to add an adoptive parent or foster parent to your current household.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 02:37:50 AM »
I know it's a wee bit of topic but

I had an elder who had completed the Body Builder aspiration and so had a 'long life' reward trait and I tried and tried to kill him from , err.. over exertion but it didn't work. The moodlet dropped away in that short nap thing the sims do right after woohoo. And I tried putting him back on the treadmill etc but he just did that "yeah" double fist pump action from being energized (even though he wasn't) and continued to exercise!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything