Author Topic: I need some tips/suggestions on my build  (Read 6303 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: I need some tips/suggestions on my build
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 09:26:25 PM »
Gorgeous home, will you put it on the gallery?

I did info is here :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »
Your photobucket pictures are not showing up on my pc.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
He met his limit of views for the month. It happens way too fast with photobucket.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
Justproud2B, I LOVE that house, but I admit I would do the decorating differently.  So, if I download it would you mind if I "redecorate" and post the pics?  The basic house is way beyond me at the moment as I am struggling so hard with TS4 building, but I can decorate to beat the band and still leave it uncluttered.  I do love a cluttered house, (and live in one), but I also like open spaces and pure lines and colors.  I tend to select three colors when I decorate and stick to those pretty much throughout the house.  I just posted a house in this board, the one where folks are showing their builds, so you can get an idea of what I mean by choosing a trio of colors.  My house still needs things but I ran out of money before I could finish so there aren't a lot of pictures, plants and decorative items, or even furniture.

The one thing I noticed about your house is there doesn't seem to be a powder room downstairs and that could cause problems for Sims with urgent needs.  Also, is there only one bathroom in the entire house?  I have trouble seeing so might have missed if there was more than one.

Landscaping is one of my favorite things to do.  Instead of dirt or grass around the shrubs and trees, why not some mulch?  It adds a finished, well kept touch.  You could use paint "bricks" or other masonry for walk ways as well, again for a finished, well kept look.  I'd personally add a flowering shrub or tree to pop that landscape as well.  Not too many,  use the rule of three, (one is great, three is great, four is awkward).

Were you going for a classic/traditional look to your house or a more modern look?  Outside looks classic/traditional, inside seems a mix of modern and traditional.  Your exterior sort of looks more farmhouse, urban modest, comfy, cozy, or even Victorian.  So, you could do your enterior more like grandma's house or you could say, ok, so the exterior isn't a typical glass and steel modern, but inside it's what I want, that cool, elegantly modern look.  The trick is pick what feels right and go with it throughout.  When in doubt, wait.  Sometimes you have to "live in" a build before you know exactly what you like and what goes where.

sigh.....I wish I could build a house that came out as good as yours did.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »
@Joria , sure have at it. Feel free to do whatever you like with it. It does have a downstairs half-bath it's that small area next to the entry it has a toilet and sink.  I wasn't really going for any look except match it to the neighborhood. I tend to like more modern so that's probably why the inside looks like that :)

anything