Author Topic: Issues with floor tiles  (Read 2566 times)

Offline simsonata

• Llama Wrangler
Issues with floor tiles
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:38:02 PM »
I created a ground floor for my house. I put a room in. Then I deleted the inner walls so it's just perimeter walls but when I batch tile the floor area that section where the room was stays the same, it treats it like those walls still exist and that it's an enclosed area. Then when I did that section manually so it was all using the same tile and should definitely have been altered all at once I tried to batch edit the floor area again and it still treated the two areas as separate! Then I couldn't put floor tile on the second floor area directly above the problematic area on the second floor until I put back the original walls I'd deleted on the first floor where they were first and my supporting grid squares appeared and let me tile them. Before, it all went through to the first floor again. I think it's relevant that in the prebuilt house my main family is in I once deleted a whole room at once and it took the floor tile with it. It was on the second floor and it did the same thing wouldn't let me tile on that spot it dropped to the floor underneath. Thank God for undo. What am I doing wrong?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Issues with floor tiles
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »
The game seems to be a little finicky with how it recognizes rooms. Try putting in a temorary wall cutting the new room in half. Hopefully that should recognize both halves as rooms and allow you to add the floor on the upper area. Then go and sledgehammer the temporary wall.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsonata

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Issues with floor tiles
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
Thanks I'll do that  ;D

anything