Author Topic: Empty Houses  (Read 29498 times)

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
Empty Houses
« on: September 21, 2014, 01:08:13 PM »
Does anyone know if you leave a house empty long enough would it eventually be automatically populated?  I know in Sims 3 it did that but in the Sims 4 I have an empty house that's been empty for a long time <this is of course going by sims' time> or do you have to put in a family of your own choosing?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Empty Houses
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
I'm moving this to Miscellaneous Help Board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
I did see in the gameplay options a "fill empty houses" checkbox, I presumed this would automatically put some townies in the empty houses. I don't know how long it takes, because I seem to have a lot of vacant houses still. Maybe it's glitched?

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 03:43:59 AM »
Stormi is correct there is an option to fill empty houses but unfortunately it is currently a known bug and is not working. You can however manage households from the manage world's area and be able to place homeless families in homes.

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
Yea thats what I kinda fig myself.  Just good to know it's just not me clicking on something wrong by mistake.  Thanks for the feedback.

Offline kanzaki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 03:57:21 PM »
Stormi is correct there is an option to fill empty houses but unfortunately it is currently a known bug and is not working. You can however manage households from the manage world's area and be able to place homeless families in homes.

I've seen sims move into the starter level houses, i actually got stuck in my game because someone that had moved into the house next to the Glade tree caught himself on fire and died. I had to wait until the fire burned away everything in the house before I could leave.

The larger houses, the "family" seems to remain, ie: Goth, Landgraab; even tho all the sims in it have passed away... not sure if the homeless will move into them tho because of the cost.

But however it's populating wasn't fast enough for me, I ended up filling them all myself and turning their aging off.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
I started watching for this, my option is checked. In the last few games, it seems to work fine .. at first. Then stops. Is there anyone else that notices it doesn't work at all from the beginning for them?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline posh_biddy

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 07:03:31 AM »
Im sure you all know this, but If you run into the fact that the property is too expensive, when moving them into a household, use the freerealestate on cheat. That's the only time I cheat; to fill the empty homes at any cost.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 12:18:19 AM »
I think it starts out, with one family, per neighborhood, then it waits for a while.