Author Topic: Pemberlittle (Complete)  (Read 14635 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
On Many Heirs
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 05:19:14 AM »
The first Heir: Don
Owing to coincidence of two baby boys named Donald being born on the same day, and there being a mix up, it turns out (I have the DNA test results here: *waves bit of paper without looking up from typing*) Don Lothario is Lyric's younger half-brother and rightful Lord Donald Bridgeport. A title which he promptly assumed only two days later upon the death of elderly Mr Waugh. This is galling to Lyric, who has lost her father and highest-ranking title, and that to the resident playboy.

With all the furnished rooms and beauty of Pemberlittle, it's hard to be sad, however. (At various times I had Lyric view a sad painting, but sadness just can't compete with all the positive emotions - but I assure you there was some sadness about.) Lothario seems to visit rather more often than usual, and to be more perky than usual. He's insufferable. Let him triumph at a distance and be satisfied.

The Second Heir: Joe
Lyric never once ate anything during her first pregnancy other than pink cake. The result was twofold: she had a son, Joseph, and she didn't put on any weight. There are times when I wish she didn't spin into her Bella Goth outfit, and this is just ridiculous. I've since changed the colour to light blue. Joseph may not be the Legacy heir, but as first born he is the heir apparent to the title of Earl of Twinbrook. That means the Legacy heir will have no title at all. Unless, according to Sim Peerage Laws they complete two aspirations and two careers. The second picture is Hayley holding her grandson.

But we're alternating between male and female dynasty heirs, so Saul and Lyric had to try for baby again. They seemed okay with that.

The Third Heir: Regan
The second child, fortunately, was a girl.

Regan was born when Joe became a child. I used Pinstar's generator and it gave me materialistic, non-commital, and I think genius. Childhood aspiration was whiz kid, and adult aspiration was Computer Whiz. That, frankly is all a bit too familiar. So because I haven't yet had a criminal Sims 4 sim, Joe is currently a Rambunctious Scamp, and then the will choose a Deviant lifetime aspiration.

In the course of all this pregnancy, the house had to be expanded - I've said before it only had two (albeit large) bedrooms. So Pemberlittle has it's third flaw (or is that floor?), and has reached its full size. With 5 sims, most of which need close attention to get them through their aspirations, it's getting busy. And my last bill was for over 12k.

Very briefly the house looked like this, and I'm sure all the neighborhood kids - if there were any - would love to play there, but I changed it to a more symmetrical 3rd floor soon afterwards.

If it wasn't a legacy, I wouldn't have added a third floor. It looks better as a two story building, and because of how Sims 4 carves up stairwells into rooms, it became quite tricky to actually build the way I wanted.

And finally, the family in the lounge. Joe had just become a child. Saul, doing his renaissance requirements is presently in the secret agent career, and had just come home. Lyric has stalled slightly in her astronaut career because she needs 7 friends and more charisma.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: Pemberlittle
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 07:14:35 AM »
I just adore your writing style - it's very rare I have the patience to read a thread from start to current, but your style is very engaging. My favourite little touch so far was 'Twinbrook-upon-Marsh' - very amusing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 07:39:21 AM »
Pemberlittle is outgrowing its name. And you're right the third floor is a tad pretentious, adding space but little class. Tsk, Tsk.
Loving this by the way.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
Looking at your story development, your building and decorating skill is… amazing. I’m totally speechless, Heart Foam. Your writing style is also unique. Sorry, I don’t know what to say anymore, hahaha. I’m amazed for what The Sims could do, depend on who use it, merely a game alone could produce something else, that’s more than just a game. That just likes a right tool for a right person, which makes me more excited to know more about The Sims franchise. Can’t wait to see more about your progress and creations! Love it :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
I had a bug which constantly thought that a sim was busy aging up (and none were) which cost me about one sim week. So it'll be a while before I feel I'm making progress. I hoped that when Saul had his adult birthday everything would be fixed, but no. It's a pity because some interesting stuff happened, especially a fire. The Honourable Joseph Waugh and The Lady Regan Waugh are... in sync. Try not picture them making a choreographed step to the side in the style of late 90s popular music. They're running from a fire. Take this seriously.

So that isn't part of the real story, although that's Regan as a child. You can also see from the pictures of the living room that I use the it a the designated Flirty Room. Just for stepping in there a sim gets +2 flirty, +2 happiness for nicely decorated (which will boost flirty), and +1 happiness for the fire (which will also boost flirty).

Her child trait is genius, and then will be geek, and finally materialistic. So Regan gets a lot from her mom. The traits aren't that interesting, but her adult aspiration is Soul Mate. For the sake of cutting down on bills, as well as the look of the thing, I'll remove the top floor - which only has the children's bedroom - if I can park them somewhere else. Pemberlittle could lose some weight. Quite.

Thanks so much for the replies and input. I once decided to do a modern house in Sims 3, but I guess this is what I'm most comfortable with. And there is an awful lot of wood paneling in Sims 4. So I'm sure most legacy houses will end up with something like I've got, just because there isn't much modern looking high-end stuff. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
The Legacy of Silly Hats
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »
There's not much of an inspiration moodlet for this entry. I have taken so many cute screenshots, each in themselves an anecdote about life at Pemberlittle. Such as the one of Gemma Mott, valued guest, who Perished with Valour at Regan's teen birthday party. Or how the first thing Regan did upon becoming teen was to take a selfie. Or Hayley, blowing out her candles upon becoming an elder in slightly unbecoming fashion. (Then again, Countess of Twinbrook-upon-Marsh, Lyric, was playing with a toy helicopter in her underwear and poked herself in the eye, so... yeah.)

Both Joseph (rambunctious scamp) and Regan (artistic prodigy) completed their childhood aspirations and were straight A students. Joe was much more difficult.

Lord Joseph, quite correctly, aged up into the Hoodie of Disaffected Youth when he became a teenager. But that's so socially acceptable, that I soon changed this to something more likely to get him teased at school. He is dastardly, and will have his revenge later on. At the moment his deviance is limited to trolling forums.

Lady Regan is more tricky. I want to complete two careers and aspirations with her, but Soul Mate is hard to make progress on as a teen. There just aren't enough teenage guys. Hayley retired from the painter career, and, once the garden has been attended to, spends quite some time greeting and getting to know anything with a hint of testosterone in its pixels that passes by the house. I don't want to move in a mean man, it has to be a soul mate. On Regan's first weekend of being a teen, she got her self psyched up! And confident! All for the purpose of throwing witty pick up lines at anything that moved. And what moved was this guy.

Not that she could use romantic socials on him, but he may find himself being invited to move in when there is a spare bed. Isn't it horrid to talk like that? But I don't want a 6th sim, and I've already had warnings that Mrs Guthrie's time is nearly up. Of course, it'll really depend on how well Regan and... this gentleman (I forget his name) get along. 

The Countess of Twinbrook got through her charisma requirements, and is now a Space Ranger who makes sure people have their towels, and don't read her mother-in-law's poetry books. (Vogon poetry is, of course, the third worst in the galaxy. But Hayley Guthrie's is pretty awful too.) For Nerd Brain she still needs to read another 8 or 9 books, and get to level 10 in logic. She has maxed rocket science, and handiness... apparently.

The Countess prods her handiwork. (Prodding tenderizes the wood, and makes it easier to carve. Everyone knows this.)

Renaissance sim Saul needs to reach level 6 in his current career to complete that part of the aspiration, but I haven't planned it properly. He got to level 3 or 4 in tech guru earlier on, and when he came back to that he had to start at level 1. But that's not the problem. It's getting the 6 skills to level 8. Seen as Lyric has maxed rocket science, Saul is doing all the upgrades on her new rocket. I want to complete the space rock collection too. I really want to get an orchid. 

Pemberlittle has reverted back to a two story house. If someone points out the horrible mish-mash of styles, and that the roof should be red terracotta, I can see the merit in that argument. The paving has changed, the windows have changed, the paint has changed, the deck railing has changed, and wall trimming is less ornate.

The family as it is now.

Regan's selfie. This was the second after aging up.

Oh, and the tulip that is in an indoor pot nearly proved fatal. I've had one in the gym for a while because it give the energized mood. But now Hayley is an elder, that's not such a good idea. She finishes tending the plant, and is standing in a room giving many energized whims. And then she starts working out on the gym machine which nearly kills her. I now have many other items giving that energized mood, so maybe I should remove the tulip and then she wont have to wander in there.

Owing to things happening in the real world - moving, to be precise - I won't be able to update this for a week or 10 days.     

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 01:07:48 PM »
This is a remarkable story!  I love your writing style.  While many of the allusions and references to British literature are over my head (being much better versed in science and medicine), they really bring your story to life!  You are very talented and I can't wait to read more!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »
Well, I'm back and connected. In the real world, ADSL lines and such had to be installed. I didn't play this savegame while I was offline because I couldn't access the trait generator for when the progeny arrived. I need to read my own story to get inspired again.

Oh grief! I remember. The Countess was about to become an elder, and I was shedding a Bitter Tear. And, joy unconfined, I'll be able to get an orchid with grafting.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
A Change to Mrs Hayley Guthrie's Circumstance
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
(She's dead.)

So when I last updated, Lady Regan was hopefully meeting ever male sim that walked past in the vain, but character building hope of finding another teenager to throw herself at. Given the scarcity of them, it not like she would be picky. If the guy or girl had the personality of a toaster, that would be fine. It's like living in any small town. "Hey! You're alive! I'm alive too! Therefore we shall be Best Friends even though I have strong ethical objections to all your interests, and find your collection of airline toothbrushes unnerving!" Yeah. It's a bit like that.

So, if Lady Regan - whose aspiration is Soul Mate, remember - hits it off with any gentleman, of any age, he would be moved in and kept young and fresh. Or at least... young and fresh enough. Oh this is creepy. But if that's the case, despite her first husband being the "soul mate", he might not be the father of generation 4. As a side note, the gentleman in the silly hat in the last post turned into an elder only a few days later. Which is disappointing. So Lady Regan has only a few days left as a teenager, and has made zero progress on her aspiration. This meets with... disapprobation from Hayley, who finds it quite unacceptable, and who offered to paint a Teenager Wanted (living or dead doesn't really matter) poster. Queue embarrassed moodlet for Regan. 

The Countess of Twinbrook, my favourite sim, has become an elder. Here she is being cheated by Hayley.

But she completed her nerd brain aspiration, which is super useful for upgrading stuff. As you all know. I look back at my first post when I tried to pass off Miss Hayley Guthrie as some elegant lady, and that didn't work out. It still hasn't worked out.

That turns out to be one of the last pictures I have of my founder Hayley before she died quite melodramatically. (Her last few days were spent in a desperate rush to graft as many of the new plants as possible, and her final days were almost as frantic as at first. But we finally have orchids :), and for those who are interested, yes, they do give the inspired moodlet. Useful for your writer sims if you have a high-level gardener, but no inspired-mood décor for the study.)

Now when her long-since-deceased husband (I forget his name, he's not super important, let's call him Algernon) died, he wasn't very good at it. He needed three attempts, and even then you feel he hadn't quite mastered it. But you may recall that on the second visit, Saul, who was a child, sold Grimmy the moon. No doubt Grim - who I'm sure is otherwise good fun, I don't like to judge - took a dim view of that, and hasn't quite forgiven the family.

I like the view through the front door of the fountain. Lord Joseph, who is a Criminal, did plead with Mr Reaper for Hayley's life, but Mr Reaper was implacable. I don't really blame him.

Regan was there too. She has no bad traits, but on this occasion she did let Grimmy know how she felt.

Which of course he enjoyed. Some people / personifications of death are just so hard to get through to. He doesn't understand you're trying to be mean. This is just between us, but I don't think Grim has good people skills. His emotional responses are all over the place.

So that brings the story to the death of the founder.

I wasn't playing this as a strict legacy, and I feel there are some minor issues with how the legacy rules are laid out - such as there being no reward for completing childhood aspirations which might have nothing to do with the adult aspiration you generate. Maybe that's been tweaked - I haven't checked in a while. Also, because of the imminent Immortal Dynasty - which is much more to my liking - I won't be updating this story further. I intend to try some of the challenges next year if I'm able, and might write an ID story. This was really to see if I could manage a start-with-nothing scenario, and to share my far-too-big dining room (that I'm still very pleased with). I'll probably keep this file to test out new features as they are added, and probably keep writing the story for it in my head. But the fascinating challenge of it has sort of ebbed away. I want to start with nothing again and build another crazy house.

Yours &c,
Stephen

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
So is this complete, or being moved to the graveyard?

Congrats either way.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 12:41:28 PM »
So is this complete, or being moved to the graveyard?

Congrats either way.

:) Mark it as complete. I'm fond of the family, but I'd rather put effort into a new, proper Immortal Dynasty than keep this on the backburner.   

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 06:58:22 AM »
Well done. With this interesting way to tell a tale, I'll be looking forward for your Immortal Dynasty storyline. Thank you for the entertainment, I enjoyed it a lot :)

You should tell moderator or simply modify the title that this story is complete.
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »
I am blown away by your house, I want it in real life  ;) Though this was short I'm still sad to see Hayley die  :'(
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »
I am blown away by your house, I want it in real life  ;) Though this was short I'm still sad to see Hayley die  :'(

Thanks. :) I'd like the house too. :p It turned out rather well. It was an interesting test, but I was looking forward to doing an Immortal Dynasty. And I had basically completed the house halfway through generation 1. I do enjoy the building, so when I couldn't do that any more with this family I drifted away to other saves. Also, the size of the lot means that when pools come, I'd have no room for one. I wouldn't put a pool in front because it would ruin the look. Hayley was the first artist I maxed out. And the first gardener I maxed out. I really like her portrait in formal dress. Dear Miss Guthrie. As a story, of course there could be more. But as a picture, it's complete. I don't want to change the house or the people.

Just because, these are a few random pictures that weren't posted.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Pemberlittle (Complete)
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »
Congratulations Heart Foam.  I'm moving this to the completed stories board.