Author Topic: Trying for Immortality  (Read 8323 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Trying for Immortality
« on: September 20, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »
I really enjoyed reading (and attempting!) immortal Dynasty stories for the Sims 3 and I was curious to see if it was possible in 4.  Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any ambrosia, but there *is* a drink that you can buy for 1500 points that rewinds your age to the beginning of the life state you're currently in, which is similar to ambrosia.  The trick is, it's not cheap and you only get one drink per purchase. 

My current strategy is after creating a sim and using Pinstars method to move them to the big lot in Willow creek and buy a knight to drop their money to 1800 cash is to move people in!  I moved the entire Caliente family in (and they brought a whopping 178 thousand simoleans after selling off their furniture!) and the one sim male I chose to be my founder's hubby.  Don and Katrina had a baby boy, and my sim and her hubby had a girl, bringing the house up to 8 inside of a week.  My sim is now devoting herself to maxxing a skill, an aspiration, a job, getting 6 best friends and making 2 reward purchases that will be unique to her (her unique maxxed aspiration will provide her third unique reward trait). 

Since there are no opportunities, or properties, or paintings to make, I'm attempting to see if I can get all the requirements done *before* elder, as there are some hefty drawbacks to elder activities that weren't around in Sims 3.  (Death by whoo-hoo and exercising come to mind right away!)

All those spare sims are busy busy busy generating points to buy potions to be put into the  immortal's inventory.  I am switching out their aspirations regularly so that they are progressing through as many low level ones as they can, and then back to their 'focus' aspiration to keep building that.  The hope is I can front load enough potions in the first two-three generations while there is still space in the household for 'helper' sims to create enough potions to see them through all eight generations of immortality, since the immortals have to buy other rewards at first to fulfill their requirements.

So if anyone else is trying out a quasi-immortal dynasty, I'd love to hear your tips!  I can already see that the pure randomness of baby gender means that one cheat to CAS after a baby becomes a child in the 7th generation to gender switch them to girl may be necessary, since there's no way to guarantee one like in 3 with watermelons.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Trying for Immortality
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »
I haven't tried playing any Legacy or challenges before. I get sad and horrified when sims die for any reason, most specially old age. I haven't met Grim at all in Sims 3. lol.
Do you play on Normal or Long life? Perhaps I should try this even once in my lifetime.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:26:19 PM »
What about the cow plant? It seems to get hungry and stick out the cake frequently, but unsure how often it does the full eat vs eat emotions & spit-out Sim interactions. Anyone had more than one cow plant?

(so THAT's where all those missing Sims went!)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 05:50:33 AM »
Indira - I'm playing on normal span, like the original Sims 3 challenge here on the site.  I think if I played long life span it'd be too easy, especially since teens can work on both their aspiration and skill right away, leaving only a career to work hard towards during two adult life stages.  And Grim is easy to meet in 4, I've sent a Sim to the gym and he's been there working out!  Apparently he's got a more active life now.

Hechicera - I know the cow plant can eat a Sim and produce a life extending milk, but I'm not going to use that for the Immortal play, since killing Sims deliberately is a no-no in the old Dynasty challenge and starving a cow plant to eat a Sim would fall under that.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »
Indira - I'm playing on normal span, like the original Sims 3 challenge here on the site.  I think if I played long life span it'd be too easy, especially since teens can work on both their aspiration and skill right away, leaving only a career to work hard towards during two adult life stages.  And Grim is easy to meet in 4, I've sent a Sim to the gym and he's been there working out!  Apparently he's got a more active life now.

Hechicera - I know the cow plant can eat a Sim and produce a life extending milk, but I'm not going to use that for the Immortal play, since killing Sims deliberately is a no-no in the old Dynasty challenge and starving a cow plant to eat a Sim would fall under that.
Isn't it allowed to eat from the jelly bean bush or make gold with the Philosopher's Stone? Both of which can kill you, the cow plant doesn't always kill the Sim, it's a 50/50 chance. In fact most of the time it spits the Sims out.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »
Isn't it allowed to eat from the jelly bean bush or make gold with the Philosopher's Stone? Both of which can kill you, the cow plant doesn't always kill the Sim, it's a 50/50 chance. In fact most of the time it spits the Sims out.

If the sim is spit out, that's when you get the emotions though, as I understand it. They have to die to get the essence of their life into the cowplant milk,.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 04:13:29 PM »
If the sim is spit out, that's when you get the emotions though, as I understand it. They have to die to get the essence of their life into the cowplant milk,.

Right. I've actually not had a Sim killed by a plant yet. Maybe it's luck, but for me is more than 50/50 that you'll get emotions as the plant milk.

This was incredibly useful once, discovered by accident. I played a set of twins and in Generation 2 they both die simultaneously since there seems to me no death age randomization? So the father died of unrelated aging withing a day of both twins deaths. To the three children in generation three that was a silly lot of bad moodlets. Since my gardener was one of the dead I had not kept an eye on the cow plant at the back of the lot. Two of the brothers got to the cake and the plant took all their sorrow. Plant-therapy! I had them milk the cow plant and just toss the bad emotions. The plant-drained moodlet was not as bad as the stacked mourning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »
I'm not sure what the ratio of eat or spit out a cow plant has in 4, I've only ever found the one in a different game and I kept it fed so it wouldn't eat people, but I think sticking it near the jogging path and hoping people stop and try and eat cake and are killed so one immortal can get a drink that only takes a couple of days off is a lot of managing.  The drinks are a more reliable option provided I can get enough of them early game to keep a stock for when there's 6-7 immortals all needing a refreshing sip!

I think it may be easier to add a second aspiration, the bodybuilder one, after an immortal has achieved all their goals, as the reward for completing it extends a sims potential lifespan, making the time needed between drinks to stretch.  Right now, with generation 2 growing up and 1 almost done with her career the biggest challenge is getting 1 done before she hits elder and working out becomes a life threatening option.  I got used to trying to finish things off in the elder stage in my attempts in Sims 3, pushing to have it all done before then puts some of the challenge back in that was lost with not needing a high level painter, gardener, fisherman and cook (with optional sculptor) all before generation 1 dies.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 08:46:32 PM »
Just wanted to add some information about the Cow plant:

When the cow plant eats a Sim the first time it will spit them out 100% of the time and they will lose all of their moodlets and gain a new "Drained" moodlet that will last 2 days (less if you use items that provide Discomfort Relief). Any Sim that is eaten by a cow plant again while they still have the "Drained" moodlet will be completely consumed by the plant 100% of the time and it will provide the life extending milk. My current Sim has personally fed on the Life Essence of no less than 13 Sims (tastes like Soylant Green.)

So far no Sim who has ever had the "Drained" moodlet has survived grabbing the cake and no Sim who has not had the moodlet has even been killed by the plant in my game.

Edit to Add: Also, no matter how old my Sim is the Life Essence from the cowplant always reset their Age completely. I always drink 2-3 days before my Sims birthday and it always takes me back to the 20 days to Age Up (I use the default life span.)
Never send to know for whom the Cowplant's bell tolls; It tolls for thee...

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 11:20:44 PM »
Ahh, wonderful detailed info!

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »
I would love to play an immortal dynasty in the sims 4. I don't know if there are any plans on creating a new challenge for that. I believe it is possible to make ambrosia. The only thing is that one of the ingredients is youth potion...

This is some info I found on it: http://simsvip.com/2014/10/02/the-sims-4-how-to-make-ambrosia-for-your-ghosts/

And with the death flower the immortal part is solved ;)

I don't know how you could put in the opportunities, building an property and portraits...
Careers, friends, lifetime wish (aspiration in sims 4), life time rewards (aspiration points?), Skills, although no supermax...
I think some things would have to be changed to create a immortal dynasty challenge in the sims 4. Like you said there is the issue with the genders too. I'm also wondering if you have eight careers in the sims 4...

Edit: I was just told the Immortal Dynasty will return :D http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21890.0.html

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »
Like you said there is the issue with the genders too...

Yeah, the gender issue *grumbles to himself*

I am really hoping EA comes up with a watermelon/apples kind of thing to guarantee gender for the Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge because Generation 7 has to be a girl. There's just no getting around it. Generation 7 has to be able to bring in one more final generation. So, the way the rules are at this stage is if Generation 7 turns out to be a boy, then when he ages to a Child a cheat has to be used. :( Boo hoo. I hate that.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »
Adopting a baby girl for generation 7 can't be allowed? At least that won't truly be a cheat.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »
Adopting a baby girl for generation 7 can't be allowed? At least that won't truly be a cheat.

That is certainly a good suggestion and one we have kicked around. The problem is the whole blood line importance with the Dynasty and how that would change with adoption.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »
Can I suggest you one thing, Metro? How about if the generation 7 is not a girl there will be exceptional rules that this kid could be kicked out after he’s an adult. That’s only apply until there’s something that determine the gender. At least that wouldn’t be categorized as cheating. Just a matter of patience ahahah
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

anything