Author Topic: The Foundation Glitch.....I think  (Read 4171 times)

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
The Foundation Glitch.....I think
« on: September 20, 2014, 08:39:10 AM »
I don't know if any of you come across this problem like I did when dealing kinda weird builds like angles.  I was working on this one house <pics will follow> and I've noticed that I didn't apply my foundation and I'm like oh wait this is The Sims 4 and not Sims 3 that I'm playing.  So I went to add the foundation and low and behold parts of the wall were were not rising.  So I was like aww man.....<here are the pics>

First time adding stuff to the site so please bear with me.  I also think I could have gone into details better but I didn't feel like recreating it but I hope I got the point across.

**edit by Twinmum
Attatchment removed. Images need to be hosted somewhere like PhotoBucket and linked to in posts. Please do not add zipped files to posts

Dellena

Re: The Foundation Glitch.....I think
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 08:44:12 AM »
After looking at your pictures I'll say that I had a similar problem with a large build and friezes.  It was seeing some of the rooms as though they were outside porches.  I had to demolish the whole second floor and I built only the outter walls this time, applied the frieze and it was fine.  Then I added the rooms.  The only issue I still had seems to be due to using fencing inside.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Foundation Glitch.....I think
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
After looking at your pictures I'll say that I had a similar problem with a large build and friezes.  It was seeing some of the rooms as though they were outside porches.  I had to demolish the whole second floor and I built only the outter walls this time, applied the frieze and it was fine.  Then I added the rooms.  The only issue I still had seems to be due to using fencing inside.

What I wanted was to show the corner but instead for a quick fix cause I wasn't going to tear everything down I put up a wall on both sides to hide it.  But for now I think b4 I go crazy on working on furnishing up the rooms I'm going to make sure I get the shell completely done first and then do the furnishings but I have to admit I actually like the building feature more in Sims 4 than 3.  With 3 I literally had to have my muse pretty much begging, crying, and pretty much telling me blood murder to build a house then and only then I would but it so cut into the time of playing it.  As with 4 you can put up decent looking homes <even for amateurs> and be back playing the game.  So far I'm liking it alot even if it has to go to the loading screen every time you go somewheres.  I think with future xpacks they even could enhance game play better through them.  Only time will tell.