Author Topic: Doors disappearing  (Read 12925 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Doors disappearing
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »
In the house I am currently building, the back door keeps vanishing. What I mean by this is when I place the door, it is fine. I then go and edit another part of the house. I look back and the door is gone! It must have happened about five times at least so far. Has anyone else had this problem, know why or know a fix?

Thanks in advance!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Re: Doors disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 01:13:44 PM »
Are you building on a foundation or flat ground where the door is?  Occasionally, I have seen things "disappear" if the game thinks they are actually below ground due to an elevation issue.  If you don't have a basement in the house try putting one in, just so you can go down a level, and see if the door is floating there.

Otherwise, I got nothin'.

Poltergeist, maybe? :D

EDIT: (Oh, wait. I just noticed this is Sims 4. Oops.  Sorry! I was thinking of Sims 3.  Please disregard.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »
In the house I am currently building, the back door keeps vanishing. What I mean by this is when I place the door, it is fine. I then go and edit another part of the house. I look back and the door is gone! It must have happened about five times at least so far. Has anyone else had this problem, know why or know a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Don't quote me on this but I believe its a bug. I have seen others and my own stuff disappear when making changing to adjacent walls cause for some reason it triggers as interfering. With most items it would end up in your family inventory but doors are sold for the same amount you buy them so they are always just sold (like windows). If you watch when you're moving stuff you'll see the door will go yellow showing what objects showing a conflict. You can try removing that section of the wall and making it a room again but typically nothing fixes it you just finish designing and put whatever back where it should be when your done.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:10 PM »
I've had this with windows, except that it leaves a gap in the wall (basically a hole) where the window was supposed to be. It's very frustrating, but I'm fairly certain that this is a known bug.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 03:45:15 AM »
I've had doors, kitchen cabinets, wall coverings.... etc all disappearing as I build and make changes etc. I just replace it and make sure to check before I complete the build. My last house the fridge got deleted and I didn't realize until my test sim kept refusing to cook dinner!!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »
Thanks everyone. *Sigh* I guess we'll just have to wait for a fix. To be fair, this is the first bug I've noticed so far.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 09:52:44 PM »
It's annoying when doors, window, decor, etc. disappears, but just simply put it back when you're done doing whatever it was that caused things to vanish.  I just had the entire first floor of my build lose all it's windows AND it went from a medium height walls to low height without my wanting or asking for that!  Once I raised the walls back up I thought the windows would reappear but no such luck.  So I just replaced them, several times.  Annoying, but not that bad.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything