Author Topic: Social Butterfly Not Registering Friends  (Read 7234 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Social Butterfly Not Registering Friends
« on: September 18, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
I'm not sure if others find the childhood aspirations especially difficult, but I do. They would be easier to ignore (especially since raising grades is so difficult now!) but since I play Legacy Challenges, I want to try to finish these. Besides, the bonus traits are amazing, so there you have it.

My problem is that the Social Butterfly aspiration doesn't appear to be registering my sim kids' friends. When they need to have five child friends and three adult friends, the game isn't registering the friends they already have.

So I figured that this was by design and that they needed to squeeze in five more friends before they aged up. That would be tough, but do-able. I had my sim kid make a new friend, and that didn't register, either.

Has anybody else had this problem or is there a trick to this aspiration?

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Social Butterfly Not Registering Friends
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
I'm not sure if others find the childhood aspirations especially difficult, but I do. They would be easier to ignore (especially since raising grades is so difficult now!) but since I play Legacy Challenges, I want to try to finish these. Besides, the bonus traits are amazing, so there you have it.

My problem is that the Social Butterfly aspiration doesn't appear to be registering my sim kids' friends. When they need to have five child friends and three adult friends, the game isn't registering the friends they already have.

So I figured that this was by design and that they needed to squeeze in five more friends before they aged up. That would be tough, but do-able. I had my sim kid make a new friend, and that didn't register, either.

Has anybody else had this problem or is there a trick to this aspiration?

I found the friend thing to be a roulette. Sometimes people register as friends sometimes they don't. I also found friendships degrade faster than their made like if you make someone just trigger as a friend then don't talk to them for a sim day their an Acquaintance again. I have managed to complete the aspiration but I also have my life span on long as I found normal was making it more of a chore than enjoying the actual child them self.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
I have managed to complete the aspiration but I also have my life span on long as I found normal was making it more of a chore than enjoying the actual child them self.

This has always been one of my problems with The Sims. I don't miss toddlers because their life span was too long (i.e. I could complete all the tasks for triplets during a toddler life stage in TS3), but now I feel as though the child phase is too short to complete necessary goals and tasks. I see (by reading here and on Tumblr) that there are people who have accomplished these goals, but I'd be interested in knowing just how they are managing to do it while set on Normal. If you only have one child at a time, it might be possible, but with more than two, it's driving me bonkers.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
This has always been one of my problems with The Sims. I don't miss toddlers because their life span was too long (i.e. I could complete all the tasks for triplets during a toddler life stage in TS3), but now I feel as though the child phase is too short to complete necessary goals and tasks. I see (by reading here and on Tumblr) that there are people who have accomplished these goals, but I'd be interested in knowing just how they are managing to do it while set on Normal. If you only have one child at a time, it might be possible, but with more than two, it's driving me bonkers.

Here's the how... Have a parent help with homework (click on kid while they are doing there homework and it is an option) it makes the child do their homework faster freeing up time for the other stuff. Also helps them speed through extra credit. Typically I find doing extra credit on the weekend is the easiest as you can only do extra credit once per day. Having the parent do this with the child also increases their relationship so should help with the other friendship challenges.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:45:17 AM »
Also, for me elders and teens don't register as adult friends -  so make sure you are trying to befriend the correct age group. As for keeping friendships, using "chat with X) on the computer or tablet is a good way to keep the friendship going. It's the most similar to ts3 phone calls I have found.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 12:14:40 PM »
It's the children who aren't registering for me, as well. Siblings don't seem to register at all, but I also tried townie children, with no luck at all in getting it to register. I've not tried again since this one.