Author Topic: Getting time off from work?  (Read 12556 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Getting time off from work?
« on: September 18, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
I'm not sure whether to post this question here or in the miscellaneous help topics, but since it's about careers I guess it might be okay to post it here. :)

So I was wondering if there is any way to 'call in (fake) sick from work' or 'get unpaid time off'? I notice while I'm playing that this is something I want to do sometimes, especially when you've got two working sims and you want them to get married or something, or have a birthday party. However I can't find any options for this anywhere.
Another time I'd like to get time off from work without my performance going down (I know you can leave work early, but this isn't good for your job performance I believe?) is when my sim is pregnant. Some days she's just feeling very bad and I'd like to keep her at home, but I'd also want her to keep her job performance up. It looks like this isn't possible right now.

I know that EA said that we would't have a mandatory maternity leave, which is nice I think. But now it seems like you can't have anything at all? This is just weird to me  :-\ and a bit annoying. Even in real life you can get days off from work sometimes :P

So am I missing something or is this just all there is to it?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Getting time off from work?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 05:46:38 PM »
With the writing skill you get the option to write excuse notes, they let you skip work or school for a day (warning if you have a teen in a career one note will not let you skip both school and work in the same day-I haven't tried 2notes).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »
There isn't an option to call out as I have seen but you can just skip work. You may get in trouble for doing so. I know that your boss calls you if your too late so maybe it's an option then? I haven't ever tried to see cause I was always trying to get them to go but I did ignore the call and have my sim get married and skip work all together. He had the Professional Slacker reward though so I wasn't worried about him getting fired.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 05:47:31 PM »
With the writing skill you get the option to write excuse notes, they let you skip work or school for a day (warning if you have a teen in a career one note will not let you skip both school and work in the same day-I haven't tried 2notes).

Oh wow that's awesome I didn't know that.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:12:31 AM »
He had the Professional Slacker reward though so I wasn't worried about him getting fired.

Ohh, thats what the Professional Slacker reward does... duh!! I kept thinking it gave you a random day off (like in tS3) which isn't very helpful. I need to get my sim that reward pronto.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 02:08:55 AM »

Ah yeah I remember seeing something like that with my writer sim. I didn't realise that it could be used for skipping work/school. Thanks :) at least that's something, haha.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 05:52:34 AM »

So, can a parent write an excuse note for her child or can you only write a note for yourself?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 03:44:16 AM »
Also, if you get your mischief level to 6, you can call in to work and play hooky.  I haven't tried it out.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 04:04:43 AM »
So, can a parent write an excuse note for her child or can you only write a note for yourself?

Sadly, you cant write excuse note on your own behalf :/ (I got a maxed out writer atm) The option simply doesnt show up

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »
This is one of the things that bugged me a little, especially when it came to my first wedding event (the groom left early after exchanging rings, leaving his new wife at the reception).

I hope they add that option in the future. I used it often for household events and parties, which is kinda important to have in the game. The glowing red icon for career is a pain to see.  :(
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »
I agree, this should definitely be an option. I hate it when I'm having a party or something and then one of my Sims randomly leaves because they have to go to work.  ::) 

anything