Author Topic: Emotion Score Guide  (Read 13933 times)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Re: Emotion Score Guide
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
But my game is plagued by "crashing on save" bug caused by bloated savegames and I refuse to start a new one because it'll eventually get into the same state so couldn't proceed with testing.

Sorry people, until Maxis patches the game I can't help more.

@JoxerTM22, I think I am experiencing the same "crashing on save" bug as you!! Finally, I'm not alone!! It's infuriating!! Does "bloated saved games" mean you have been playing them for a while and items accumulate, etc. If so, then that's definitely my problem, even though I continue to delete as many items as I can bear to part with.

I've been so upset about it that I've been shopping around for super high end gaming PCs, hoping that would fix the problem. But do you think it really is just the nature of the game? The longer you play, the more data it has to store. Period. And I like to and intend to play the same family pretty much forever and with aging turned off, aging them up manually when I feel like it.

Do you think an incredibly high end computer would make a difference at all? Or is it really just the problem that has been inherent in The Sims since its inception in 2000...?

Offline JoxerTM22

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »
Just a quicknote as it's offtopic here.
Sims 4 is 32bit app. It can address only 4Gb so no matter how expensive your PC is, the bloated savegames causing crashes will still happen eventually to everyone.
The full report:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Game-crashes-on-save-if-played-for-a-while/m-p/3798777

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
@JoxerTM22, thank you for that link. I'm corresponding with EA about it now.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
According to the tuning files:

Only one level: Fine, Bored, Asleep, Dazed

Two levels, threshold 3: Sad

Two levels, threshold 4: Uncomfortable, Stressed

Two levels, threshold 8: Happy, Flirty, Inspired, Confident, Focused, Energized

Three levels, thresholds 3 and 6: Embarassed

Three levels, thresholds 3 and 7: Angry

Three levels, thresholds 8 and 15: Playful

This should be clarified a bit and added to the emotions guide.  Knowing the breakpoints for Angry, Playful, and Sad is very helpful.  Anger especially.  I do feel like this may have some mistakes, as Angry is supposed to have 4 levels (angry, very angry, furious, enraged) and sad has 3.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 09:52:05 AM »
Went through the mood tuning files for the new update; seems like there was no change since when I first posted those numbers.

The tunings, if anyone wants to take a look, are the ones that start with Mood_ . Search for intensity_thresholds inside the file and you will find the thresholds.

Furious doesn't seem to be the name of an emotional state, but instead the name of the permanent (almost; 100K minutes) Angry buff that can only be obtained by cheating.
(If anyone wants to test it, the name of the buff is CheatingIntensityBuff_Furious, but be sure you either do it in a separate save or know how to remove it, since it is intensity 4 and should last about 70 sim days.)

Sad and Angry (and Inspired) do have more possible states, but those extra states replace the default ones and are tied to traits: Gloomy, Hot-headed, and Muser.

(Still verifying if I need to update my personal mods to the new patch, so I can't quite test anything in-game yet.)