Author Topic: Whiz Kid  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Whiz Kid
« on: September 17, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »
Ok, my Sim's oldest son has an aspiration activity called Whiz Kid.. he has two of them completed already, but.. he is required to read three books on his own, and well, I have had him read books and they don't count.  Anyone else have this problem?

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Whiz Kid
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »
This happened with me too and I thought it was a glitch at first but realised the sim hadn't actually finished reading the book first time round. It said read book instead of re-read next time I clicked on the book.

What with multi-tasking etc, I find they leave some tasks unfinished sometimes....

I'd suggest you try reading the book again to see if it says read or re-read.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:42:20 PM »
This happened with me too and I thought it was a glitch at first but realised the sim hadn't actually finished reading the book first time round. It said read book instead of re-read next time I clicked on the book.

What with multi-tasking etc, I find they leave some tasks unfinished sometimes....

I'd suggest you try reading the book again to see if it says read or re-read.
Ok thank you!  I will try that and see if he can finish this one. 

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »
I think it also doesn't count if that book was one of the ones used for the earlier "be read to by an adult for 3 hours" goal.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
Tigerskin is right. Just keep clicking on the book and queuing it up as an action until you notice the aspiration goal tick to the next number. They don't read a whole book in one sitting. It takes a couple times for them to finish it.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:56:37 AM »
Yes, my sims have an uncanny desire to get a drink of milk or take out the trash whenever they read a book. They key is definitely to keep reading until the book says 're-read' and it has added the book to your achievement.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 03:34:04 AM »
Ok thank you!  I will try that and see if he can finish this one.

No problem, hope that solves the issue.
Yes, my sims have an uncanny desire to get a drink of milk or take out the trash whenever they read a book. They key is definitely to keep reading until the book says 're-read' and it has added the book to your achievement.

Yeah it's a bit different to 3: What do you mean you don't want to sit endlessly for hours on end to finish the Cook Book?! I like it though (in general), I like the little simmies to have a life too and chat whilst carrying out other tasks. The reading a book, getting up to go to the toilet and reading whilst on the toilet is definitely one of my favourite things! My male sim did this whilst in the Library and I thought "You really don't want anyone else to steal your book in the meantime do you?!" He he  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 07:52:13 AM »
No problem, hope that solves the issue.
Yeah it's a bit different to 3: What do you mean you don't want to sit endlessly for hours on end to finish the Cook Book?! I like it though (in general), I like the little simmies to have a life too and chat whilst carrying out other tasks. The reading a book, getting up to go to the toilet and reading whilst on the toilet is definitely one of my favourite things! My male sim did this whilst in the Library and I thought "You really don't want anyone else to steal your book in the meantime do you?!" He he  ::)

It solved the problem, thank you! 
I loved seeing Kenzie play on the tablet while sitting on the toilet lol  I laughed. :D

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »
Oh good, glad you managed to sort it out   :)

anything