Author Topic: Garages  (Read 37189 times)

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
Garages
« on: September 13, 2014, 06:15:08 PM »
Any idea if there are talks about incorporating garages and vehicles into the game? I thought it was kind of odd that you can't build a garage or own a car. Don't get me wrong it is kind of neat, but not very realistic.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Garages
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 07:52:49 PM »
If your just wanting a car for looks when building a house you could make a driveway going to a carport sense there is no garage door. Then get one of the toy cars and place it down and use the Shift ] cheat to make it bigger and look like a car sitting in a driveway.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
They haven't said anything yet about what's coming next.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
From what I've read on the official forums, they aren't allowed to discuss any future adds, expansions, etc.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »
That's correct.  I don't think they're allowed to discuss any upcoming content until it's nearly ready for release and we'll start getting the teasers.  They've posted on twitter before as a reminder that they can't answer any questions regarding future content.  I have SO much yet to do with just the base game.  I hope we don't see anything as an expansion for a while yet.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 01:20:34 AM »
I wouldn't bother buying a car if they had them. Money is actually tougher to get in sims 4 than in 3 and I don't think I'd personally buy a car just for them to literally get in it and phase out to a loading screen.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 03:33:16 AM »
I wouldn't bother buying a car if they had them. Money is actually tougher to get in sims 4 than in 3 and I don't think I'd personally buy a car just for them to literally get in it and phase out to a loading screen.

OK you have a point there lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:27:59 PM »
Sometimes, a carport or garage just looks right. In my modern build I'm working on, I have a large gym area on the lower floor. If in the future, cars are added, I can change it into a double garage, provided future garage doors and car spaces are the same size as they are in TS3.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 04:01:50 AM »
Sometimes, a carport or garage just looks right. In my modern build I'm working on, I have a large gym area on the lower floor. If in the future, cars are added, I can change it into a double garage, provided future garage doors and car spaces are the same size as they are in TS3.

I have to admit that I too really miss having the modern look of the garage. I like to build houses now with floor plans on houseplans.com but it's difficult to make them exact because of obvious reasons, one of them being that most houses on it seem to have a 1 or 2 car garage. It's hard to incorporate other rooms. I am hoping they at least maybe add garage doors to an expansion coming out in the future so that we can have an "appearance" of a garage.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »
If your just wanting a car for looks when building a house you could make a driveway going to a carport sense there is no garage door. Then get one of the toy cars and place it down and use the Shift ] cheat to make it bigger and look like a car sitting in a driveway.

Well, that is a good idea! I haven't experimented with cheats, other than make money for a house lol

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 08:13:46 PM »
To steal a phrase from Grul:  LIGHT BULB!!!

You could try building it like another room and instead of having a car in there just toss everything you can think of in filling it with useless stuff.  I mean who the heck uses garages for cars nowadays?!?  Heck!  I use mine to store more of my garbage....err.....stuff.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »
To steal a phrase from Grul:  LIGHT BULB!!!

You could try building it like another room and instead of having a car in there just toss everything you can think of in filling it with useless stuff.  I mean who the heck uses garages for cars nowadays?!?  Heck!  I use mine to store more of my garbage....err.....stuff.
I have to admit that I too really miss having the modern look of the garage. I like to build houses now with floor plans on houseplans.com but it's difficult to make them exact because of obvious reasons, one of them being that most houses on it seem to have a 1 or 2 car garage. It's hard to incorporate other rooms. I am hoping they at least maybe add garage doors to an expansion coming out in the future so that we can have an "appearance" of a garage.

My garage in real life is more of a hangout, workshop (tools and so on), treadmill, and an area for the kids to play. All those are things you can do in Sims 4.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
Welllllllll, in real life, my garage does house my car (at least half of the two car garage does lol) but that is because I don't trust it be be parked outside.  I love it too much!

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »

But....but.....you don't want to get to the loading screen 4.3 seconds faster?!?  :P