Author Topic: Non-Adult Townies?  (Read 8457 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Non-Adult Townies?
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:11:40 AM »
I'm not talking about playable characters in town (like the Goths or the Landgraabs) but about game-generated townies.

It seems that they all generate as "adult." Several times, when playing a legacy, my sim gets married only to discover that her new spouse is about to be an elder, which means less time to accomplish the aspiration for the challenge. I'd like more variety of options, including some sims who are young enough to achieve their goals before they age up.

Does anybody know if there are young adult townies, or should I consider making some of my own and inserting them into the neighborhood?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Non-Adult Townies?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
Sometimes they do generate families this way, if you are lucky you can catch one of the kids as a YA. But yes, I have also found that most of them are generated as adults.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
I'm downloading sims from the gallery and shoving them into eight-sim households together to make up for this problem.

I'll upload my randomly generated sims to the gallery as well when I get a chance.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 10:55:03 AM »
Sometimes I just go into an elder sims household, download in 5-6 sims and make them all teens, then the game randomizes them a bit for me (as to traits and such) and I get some new folks in town. This only works if you have aging enabled of course.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 11:56:50 PM »
I have 5 or 6 randomized households full of children in the gallery under the hashtag #charzof & #carlsguide. You can age them down to children easily :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:27 AM »
I haven't noticed this yet but I also send my kids to the park a lot to make friends so I am constantly seeing new children. Maybe try that? The game may be generating people based off your location needs. Each one of my kids has a handful of friends their age.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:17 AM »
If you go into manage households, you can see exactly what random Sims have been generated for your game. The random Sims already generated don't change every time you go to a lot. If there aren't a lot of children in manage households, it doesn't matter if you go to the park or not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »
If you go into manage households, you can see exactly what random Sims have been generated for your game. The random Sims already generated don't change every time you go to a lot. If there aren't a lot of children in manage households, it doesn't matter if you go to the park or not.

I found this recently and it is so helpful to finding out who you have in your town. Yesterday I managed to find a young adult spouse for my legacy founder, which was very nice!

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
If you are looking for children, I always find 10+ kids at any of the parks/jungle gyms. If you send one of your kids there, then other kids keep showing up endlessly.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 12:23:04 AM »
If you are looking for children, I always find 10+ kids at any of the parks/jungle gyms. If you send one of your kids there, then other kids keep showing up endlessly.

Really? I'm lucky to get one or two at the playgrounds :-/

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:22 PM »

Maybe it's the specific park next to my house. It's the are with one pirate ship and two chess tables near the Goth's house.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »

I'd have to test it out one of these days but I always see 2 kids there (at minimum) the more kids I send the more kids tend to show up about  every 2 I send 1 shows up. So what I typically do is have my kids invite all their friends to the park. 1 or 2 new kids show up. Rinse and repeat every few days. Then boom you have tons of kids.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »
One of my kids had to have three child friends for her Aspiration.  I found them at the park and even sometimes just walking by my house.  There were only three, though.  They aged to teen around the time she did and now one of them is her boyfriend.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 01:24:43 AM »
I have read somewhere that the game will generate new children when you visit the park. For double impact, visit the parks in both worlds - the game should generate more kids.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 01:42:41 AM »
Is there some way to make it generate teens as well?