Author Topic: Can you age up other sims?  (Read 137753 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Can you age up other sims?
« on: September 13, 2014, 08:13:54 AM »
I wondered if you can age up other sims not in your household?

My now teenage sim has a best girl friend, I would like them to be the same age  :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Can you age up other sims?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 08:23:48 AM »
I suppose the best way is to just change households and age them up.  Use to, we could call friends over and cake them up along with your active sim.  Haven't tried that yet though in sims4.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »
Yeah I've tried to cake her up but can't find an option to....

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
I really haven't had a lot of time to experiment on a lot of things.  I suppose you could just wait until they age up, but sometimes that seems to take forever.  I do however, like changing households better in sims4 than in sims3.  So I tend to do a lot of that in the game.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 09:14:38 AM »
I have managed to do it via manage worlds, but it is a bit of a faff when I want to carry on with my same household. Oh well!

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
How to age up other sims:

1. Bake a cake
2. Invite the sim to your house
3. Click on the cake and Add Candles
4. Select option on cake to age up other sim and pick the one that's visiting

You can do this multiple times with one cake if you're quick.  Before anyone takes a slice, you can click and add candles again and repeat for other sims that are visiting - otherwise, you need another cake.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:29 AM »
From Carl's cheats web site:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

You are also able to completely redesign a Sim by shift-clicking them and selecting Modify in CAS. This takes you to Create-A-Sim where you can make the Sim look however you want, but not change their gender or traits.

To fully edit a Sim in Create-a-Sim, type cas.fulleditmode with Testing Cheats On. This will let you change the gender, traits, everything, and is much more powerful than the scaled down version you get without typing this cheat. Thanks Pokeh321 for giving me this information.

In other words, you can make the Sim you are editing whatever age you want them to be!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »
You can age up your own baby when it's in a different household and you visit -- I haven't tried anyone else's though.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »
How to age up other sims:

1. Bake a cake
2. Invite the sim to your house
3. Click on the cake and Add Candles
4. Select option on cake to age up other sim and pick the one that's visiting

You can do this multiple times with one cake if you're quick.  Before anyone takes a slice, you can click and add candles again and repeat for other sims that are visiting - otherwise, you need another cake.

Dellena, I tried that but there was no option on the cake to age others up, just the sim I was in control of. It even had a warning saying "this will age this sim up" (I.e. my sim).

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 05:50:31 PM »
You can age up your own baby when it's in a different household and you visit -- I haven't tried anyone else's though.

Callycat,

How do you get your baby to a different household? I don't recall ever having the option to take the baby anywhere; he or she just goes to daycare.  Just as well, I used to get so angry in Sims 3 when my Sims would leave the baby at a party or in the library.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 07:15:33 PM »
Callycat,

How do you get your baby to a different household? I don't recall ever having the option to take the baby anywhere; he or she just goes to daycare.  Just as well, I used to get so angry in Sims 3 when my Sims would leave the baby at a party or in the library.

Oh, I have a musician who has been wooing all the married women in town, that's how *g* He popped round to see his offspring and aged the baby up before leaving. I must say, her husband was very reasonable about it all.
[they/them pronouns please]

Dellena

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
Dellena, I tried that but there was no option on the cake to age others up, just the sim I was in control of. It even had a warning saying "this will age this sim up" (I.e. my sim).

I've definitely used it for this before.  Who did you have at your house that you wanted to use it on and what was the level of your relationship with them.  Maybe that factors in.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 03:37:41 AM »
She could also use the Manage Households option to age them up. Go to map view, select "Manage Households" and select the family with the person in it you want to age up. Then select "Edit Household in CAS". Change the age in CAS. Resume playing... done!

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 08:10:53 AM »
She could also use the Manage Households option to age them up. Go to map view, select "Manage Households" and select the family with the person in it you want to age up. Then select "Edit Household in CAS". Change the age in CAS. Resume playing... done!

Ah, I'll have to try that Tobey next time. I didn't realise you could go into CAS without going into the household.

I've definitely used it for this before.  Who did you have at your house that you wanted to use it on and what was the level of your relationship with them.  Maybe that factors in.

It was my teenage sims best girl friend (BFF) so I'm sure it wasn't a relationship issue.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »

I must be doing something wrong, but every time I try to do this all I can do is change their clothing. There isn't an option for changing anything else, not even relationships.

*edited wow this is an old thread! lol, laughing at how little I knew back in September 2014!!!  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.