Author Topic: Household Movement  (Read 20488 times)

Offline barash23

• Nooboo
Household Movement
« on: September 12, 2014, 04:17:06 PM »
moved a household on sims 4 to another lot , returned and all the furniture gone

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: household movement
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »
When you move a household, you need to check the box that says sell furniture. By default, it is set on keep furniture and so it is all moved to the family inventory of the moved household. If it is kept, it will be gone from the previous house and anyone moving in will have to furnishe it!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »
yeah, It's not like The Sims 3 where even if you packed you furniture there was still a copy of it at the lot you moved from. If you pack your furniture in Sims 4 it strips the other house and your really take it with you leaving it a empty shell behind.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »
Do you really have to delete a Sim to get them out of a Household? I don't see a way to move just one Sim.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
This happened to me, my son wanted to make a sim, but not play, so I said he could put it in my neighborhood. There were no houses left, so I moved someone out. Then when buying the house, I could only buy the "unfurnished" option, so I just presumed I didn't have the funds to buy it furnished, but it was because you COULDN'T buy it furnished.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 08:55:03 PM »
Do you really have to delete a Sim to get them out of a Household? I don't see a way to move just one Sim.

If you go to Manage Worlds you can edit each family and move whoever you want in and out (something like Manage households, it's in the top right). Haven't found a way in game of moving one person out other than marrying them out or switching households to invite someone to move in.
[they/them pronouns please]

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 01:50:15 AM »
You can move one person out.

1. Go to Manage Worlds
2. Click on the household you want to alter
3. Select "More" (the ... button)
4. Select "Manage Household (button showing 2 people)
5. You'll then see all Households in the world - There's two tabs, "Played Households" and "Unplayed Household".  Select Played Households and then your family
6. In the bottom right you have 4 buttons:
    A. Edit, add, or remove Sims from the household in Create a Sim
    B. Move Household into a lot
    C. Transfer Sims between households
    D.  Delete Household
7.  Select Transfer Sims between households
8.  In the list of household member, select the member(s) you want to split out
9.  In the window on the right you need to select the exiting household you are moving them to or click the Create New Household button
10. Once you hit the right arrow button and then the check mark button, the member(s) is moved and they'll show up in the Manage Households window.
11.  If you chose to Create New Household, you'll see that are listed as "Currently Not in World"
12.  You can then click on the new Household and choose the "Move Household into a lot" option.

I hope that's clear enough.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.