Author Topic: Victorian Charm - 3 br, 3 bathp  (Read 8406 times)

Dellena

Victorian Charm - 3 br, 3 bathp
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »
Origin ID: shetcogle
Item Name: Victorian Charm
Lot Size: 40 x 30
Value: $226,855
Hashtags: #dellena  #carlsguide

This house has just about everything and still room for more (like a rocket in the backyard).  I'm very much enjoying the amount of objects we get with the base game.

Front

Back

Master Bedroom and Master Bath

Formal Dining

Formal Living with Music

Library

Upstairs Bedroom 1

Upstairs Bedroom 2

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Victorian Charm - 3 br, 3 bathp
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 10:24:42 AM »
I love your fountain with the rocks. I just might follow that when I do landscape for my homes.   ;D
 Nice effect with the open space on the second floor. Where you able to solve the frieze problem?
Is the rose on top of the fireplace one you  need to unlock in the game? It looks so natural there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
Yes, the rose is unlocked with the Entertainer career level 5 music branch.  Everything on the mantle is tied to a career so if you haven't earned it, it'll just be empty.

Wasn't able to solve the frieze problem but it didn't effect the screenshots.  I know it's there, but you rarely notice it.  I think it's an interior fence problem but leaving that to the gurus to figure out.

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
This house is beautifully done and decorated

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
Wow this house is really amazing. Great job! I wish I could build one that nice lol.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
I almost always build from real house plans.  My general rule of thumb on dimensions is divide by 3 and round up.  So on a house plan, a 12 x 12 room would be 4 x 4 in Sims.  And a 14 x 16 I'd round up to 5 x 6.  Sometimes some minor adjusts are needed but that's my general rule.  I like having an actual houseplan to work from as it usually gives me ideas for exterior decorating and window type/placement.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »
I almost always build from real house plans.  My general rule of thumb on dimensions is divide by 3 and round up.  So on a house plan, a 12 x 12 room would be 4 x 4 in Sims.  And a 14 x 16 I'd round up to 5 x 6.  Sometimes some minor adjusts are needed but that's my general rule.  I like having an actual houseplan to work from as it usually gives me ideas for exterior decorating and window type/placement.

do you have a preferred houseplan website?  I absolutely love how this turned out.  (And I'm an awful builder)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
I use houseplans.com for the most part.  I like how their website is set up.  Very user friendly.  There's a few other sites as well but I find their interface more cluttered.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »
Wow , this home is amazing ! Great job on the decor as well .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 05:05:05 PM »
This house is gorgeous! I wish I lived there myself! I love how you've used the new roof heights to the advantage of this house's design.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
What a beautiful house, Dellena!

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 10:45:56 PM »
I am literally drooling. So beautiful!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 02:05:35 AM »
Beautiful.  I have a question.  If you place this on a 50 x 50 lot, will the lot stay the same size or shrink down to this size lot?

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 02:33:35 AM »

Wow, that is a great idea! I never thought of building from a house plan. Thanks for this tip!!!!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 02:58:28 AM »
Beautiful.  I have a question.  If you place this on a 50 x 50 lot, will the lot stay the same size or shrink down to this size lot?

If you bring a house into your game that is a smaller lot, it keeps the original sized lot. Have noticed though, that you don't get to choose where on the lot it will place it and if you decide you want to move it slightly, using the move whole house option only moves the building, anything outside remains in the same place.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum