Author Topic: Wall covering keeps disappearing  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Wall covering keeps disappearing
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
Not sure what's happening. I have a wall with tiles in the kitchen behind my counters, fridge and stove. For some strange reason, every now and then when I leave that room and come back to it (this is in build mode) the tiles are gone and the wall is just a single colour. Has anyone else had this problem? When I fired up the game this morning, as well as the tiles being missing, one counter was gone. I replaced the counter, but it disappeared straight away, but stayed after I replaced it a second time. It hasn't disappeared again since, but the tiles are becoming annoying  >:(
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Wall covering keeps disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:46:47 PM »
I do too keep losing objects i placed in game. The most glaring one happened to me last night while i was making a sort of "shop/stall" just in front of a building. I placed counters and chairs and shelves filled with decors. Then I went on to make the roof. While i was placing the next room beside it, I noticed 2 counters outside the shop and nothing left inside except the shelves with decors.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 03:25:16 AM »
I've had wall tiles go missing in an upstairs bathroom that I built. I went to re-instate them and I got the message "nothing to change"  :o  So I went into wallpaper and wallpapered the entire room, then went back and changed the walls back to tiles. Next time I went back into my game... it was back to the concrete wall again. So I did it all over again and this time it has stayed! Whew!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:37:03 AM »
I've been building on and off all day and I think it's finally taken. I haven't lost my tiles for some time now.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:40:58 AM »
Thats good to hear Twinmum. It's quite challenging learning all the new ways to do things but I enjoy the process of problem solving. In fact I can spend a whole day just building and re-modelling, it's really good fun.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:01 PM »
I think I may have worked out the problem with the wall covering. I'm used to holding the shift key and the wall covering being applied just to all the wall pieces with the same covering as the initial piece of wall you click, but with Sims 4, when you hold shift, it applies the change to the whole room, even if it gets to a section with a different finish. At the time I was having the most trouble with it, I was chopping and changing where the walls would be and kept painting the new parts, so it just applied it to the whole room, including the back wall of the kitchen where I had the tiles.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 11:42:28 PM »
In my game even the wall covering on the other side of the wall has been replaced if I hold  the shift key. Yesterday part of the outdoor siding was suddenly replaced with a floral wallpaper. And the walls were complete, no gaps.

This has happened already a couple of times to me and I don't build much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:29:57 AM »
Well I thought I had solved the missing wall tile, but when I loaded up my game today... no wall tiles again  :-\  So I've retiled the walls, again. I guess it's going to be a daily chore, or I'll just have to grow fond of construction concrete walls.

anything