Author Topic: Cheating: not a problem?!  (Read 15394 times)

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
Cheating: not a problem?!
« on: September 11, 2014, 12:06:12 PM »
I've had my sim whohoo someone else in front of its spouse a few times now and nothing seems to happen. Are sims in TS4 ok with polygamy or did I just got lucky/buggy?

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: Cheating: not a problem?!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
They don't care. If I recall correctly, the whole jealousy/cheating stuff was part of an EP for TS3 wasnt it?
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »
@m.sato: Maybe your sim's spouse had so many good moodlets that the bad one didn't weigh enough to make her feel bad?

@Jesirose: Being cheated on had negative moodlets since TS3 vanilla, as you can see here (source: sims.wikia).

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
If your spouse/significant other catches you cheating, you get an embarrassed moodlet and they get a sad moodlet. It is possible to die from embarrassment. But there isn't really jealousy like in previous games.

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »
And how do you get caught? I had a sim cheating literally in the same room and nothing happen.

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »
The serial lover aspiration gives you "no jealousy " trait, can it be this ?

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »
And how do you get caught? I had a sim cheating literally in the same room and nothing happen.

I have no idea. It could be a bug. Did you check all your moodlets? The new moodlets get stuck on the end of the moodlet queue and if you have a lot of positive ones ahead of it, you won't notice it right away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »
Is it sad that makes me entirely too happy since I was planing on actually putting one of my sims into a relationship with a boy and a girl simultaneously.

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 05:22:51 PM »
The serial lover aspiration gives you "no jealousy " trait, can it be this ?
Nope. I haven't pursue this aspiration yet.

I have no idea. It could be a bug. Did you check all your moodlets? The new moodlets get stuck on the end of the moodlet queue and if you have a lot of positive ones ahead of it, you won't notice it right away.
No mods in my game so far.

Is it sad that makes me entirely too happy since I was planing on actually putting one of my sims into a relationship with a boy and a girl simultaneously.
Not sad at all. Games are supposed to be fun, so if it amuses you, go for it.
The only sad part is that perhaps it is a glitch in my computer or just dumb luck, so it may not work the same for you. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 11:51:27 PM »
I kept hearing there was no jealousy.  It has to be because of certain traits, because I do know they do get jealous and boy do they get mad.  Almost all options to talk to the other sim are greyed out for 12 hours.  Talk about slamming things around.  As you can see by the screenshot, it was not a pretty sight. lol

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 12:49:11 AM »

Nope. I haven't pursue this aspiration yet.
No mods in my game so far.

I was not referring to mods. The boxes under your Sims portrait that you can click on and they describe your current mood are called moodlets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 05:15:28 AM »
I had this house party where my host was asked to flirt with someone. I selected a random male sim to flirt with. After the party, I noticed my female sim was sad and weepy because her "beloved" or something was cheating on her. I neglected to write down the exact message in the notifications. Anyway, the sadness lasted a long time, so I had her spend it painting sad paintings :D Worth alot of money too. Hehe meanie me.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 06:20:30 AM »
I'm moving this to Miscellaneous Help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
I think the whole jealousy thing only relates to you at the moment.

I went round to the Pancakes house with a sim, seduced Bob right in front of Eliza. No problems. Called them all into the bedroom and gave Bob a serious woohooing with Eliza right there. She just left the room. Nothing.

But, when I went downstairs and seduced Eliza, Bob hit the roof; sad, jealous, the whole box and dice, but at ME! Left me wondering what they do when no one is around....

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 11:07:49 AM »
This reminds me of a wedding I had in one of my games.  The sim my sim married was sad after the wedding, because he saw his "beloved" flirting with someone else.  I discovered this after adding him to the household.  I couldn't remember my sim flirting with anyone during the wedding, so I was confused.

Then I checked his relationships, and at some point, he developed a romance bar with one of my sim's parents (a couple I made in CAS with my sim, and then split off into another household at the beginning of the game to preserve the relationship).  The parents (now his in-laws!) were, naturally, being lovey-dovey with each other constantly at the wedding.

So this guy was bummed out that his mother-in-law was flirting with her husband during his wedding to the sim he was supposed to be in love with.  He was even sad during the post-wedding woohoo.

Needless to say, that kind of killed my desire to play that particular game any longer, with the romance so obviously gone horribly wrong.  I'm just glad my sim never found out what Mom and the new hubby were up to...

anything