Author Topic: Walls up, down or half?  (Read 12413 times)

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
Walls up, down or half?
« on: September 11, 2014, 08:40:01 AM »
Just out of interest, how do you all play The Sims?

Do you have the walls of the house up all the time, or do you have them totally down, or do you use the half walls?

Personally, I love to be able to see whats on the walls, but the full walls bother me because I can't really see properly so I almost always play with half walls, although sometimes I experiment with full walls for a little while.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Walls up, down or half?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:48:43 AM »
Half walls is the way I play too. Walls down makes me feel like they don't have a house and walls up gives me too little control over what they are doing.

But when I want nice screenshots I do walls up, because that will provide a ceiling to any room in tab mode and make the picture look nicer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »
I've always played with cutaway/half down walls. In sims 3 in larger families I used to sometimes do walls down so I could easily see what everyone was doing. Walls up I just find awkward, I'm always scrolling into a wall.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »
Down!! tried it with the half walls but found it just annoyed me too much so I stick with the wall down.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
I usually play with walls up except when a room is too small and the walls become a bother.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »
Half walls 90% of the time as I find that best for seeing what's going on whilst also getting a nice sense of the building my sims are in.  Full walls I only really use in build mode, or occasionally for hanging things on walls.

I don't think I ever play with the walls completely down.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 11:49:20 AM »
Used to hate half walls in the first and second games, just because the way they were cut was usually more of an annoyance than anything. Then in Sims 3, they improved it, and I'm playing it like that until today. ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
Cutaway - most of the time
Walls Down - occasionally depending on the size of the house
Walls Up - only for screenshots and (now) placing items on walls that can go up and down for placement.  The wall has to be up for it to work.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 01:47:16 PM »
Cutaway always.

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »
Yeah I often find I'm restricted in the layout of houses because the cutaways are sometimes really odd and obscure the view, which is fairly annoying.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
A mixture of all three really. I'm finding that a lot of paintings and wall decorations need to be viewed by my painter to help with inspiration etc and to click on them I need the walls up, then other times I want them half way, but I actually like having them down fully in TS4 so I can see what's going on in the neighbourhood. I never put walls all the way down in TS3.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »
Half up/half down.

Unless I'm decorating, then usually walls up.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »
Always half up/half down. Unless putting something on the walls, then up. I can't stand walls down, it makes me feel like there's no house there. And walls up doesn't let me have enough control. I am very much a control freak.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 11:29:03 PM »
Half up/down.

When I played the Sims 1 and 2, I used to only play with walls down, but I've since come around. I like being able to see the wall/through the windows/etc. Really makes my house feel more like a house. I don't do walls up because I can barely see what my sims are doing in multi-sim households and it's just really a bother.

To be sure, in build/buy mode I do switch to walls up when necessary (i.e. decorating a wall), or when trying to view something that is hidden in half up/down. Extremely rarely I'll do walls down, but only when there is an obnoxious half-wall blocking my view.
Hi!

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 01:48:20 AM »
Walls half down/cutaway, and always played that way since TS1.
PC-Load Letter! What the...

anything