Author Topic: The Sully Legacy (We're blue da ba dee da ba die)  (Read 18613 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sully Legacy (We're blue da ba dee da ba die)
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2014, 03:30:53 AM »
I'm really enjoying reading your legacy. The pictures of the three boys together are just wonderful. My fav is of Sonic singed for the first time, the look on his face is priceless! :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »
Wow! Your story is really great, I love your humour.  Your house is amazing..!! When you are finished with it, are you going to put it up on the gallery? *crossing fingers now!* ;D

Thank you so much.  I will definitely put it on the gallery once I get some landscaping done and finish a few things such as a kitchenette in the adjoining apartment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »
I'm really enjoying reading your legacy. The pictures of the three boys together are just wonderful. My fav is of Sonic singed for the first time, the look on his face is priceless! :)

I'm so glad you are enjoying it.  I wasn't sure I was even doing it right.  This is my first legacy and it appears that the more experienced simmers tell theirs in first person from the prospective of the founder/heirs and break it up into chapters.  I don't really know how to link posts into chapters so I'm just putting it all into one continuous story.  If you want to watch some time, I also record every minute of myself playing this family and put it on YouTube.  Here is a link.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 03:28:46 AM »
I'm so glad you are enjoying it.  I wasn't sure I was even doing it right.  This is my first legacy and it appears that the more experienced simmers tell theirs in first person from the prospective of the founder/heirs and break it up into chapters.  I don't really know how to link posts into chapters so I'm just putting it all into one continuous story.  If you want to watch some time, I also record every minute of myself playing this family and put it on YouTube.  Here is a link.

Cool story! The way the do the linking is by clicking the Text above the post that says Re: The Sully Legacy... changes the url in your browser to a direct link to that post then you just link to it normally :) Hopefully that wasn't confusing.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »
Your house is really cool, I would wish I was able to build like that, but my legacy neither has the funds, nor a creative builder as their watcher :)

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2014, 07:28:12 PM »
Cool story! The way the do the linking is by clicking the Text above the post that says Re: The Sully Legacy... changes the url in your browser to a direct link to that post then you just link to it normally :) Hopefully that wasn't confusing.

Thanks! I think I understand what you mean.  I'll give it a try  :)

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2014, 07:29:26 PM »
Your house is really cool, I would wish I was able to build like that, but my legacy neither has the funds, nor a creative builder as their watcher :)

Thanks!  I hope I'll be able to keep it looking cool as I expand, it might look weird for a while until it's got all the other extension added, hopefully not too weird though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2014, 09:30:01 AM »
I had to put the legacy challenge on hold for a while because of illness and school getting pretty real.  I am doing better now though, and got some time to work on it some more.  The next few chapters are actually from a month ago, I just hadn't gotten the pictures up yet.

While at the park, Sonic met a special lady...

They hit it of pretty well and this started moving pretty fast.

While fishing, Rhea found something pretty strange...

She decided to plant it and see what happens...

Meanwhile, Sonic and Annabel started to get pretty serious.  They were going on lots of dates, and Sonic was surprisingly being quite the gentleman.

Rhea was pleasantly surprised to see this little guy pop up where she planted that strange berry.

She also decided that as an elder, the whole belly shirt thing was getting a little inappropriate.

And since she was going for a new look and all...

Why not get rid of that unsightly baby weight?  I mean, it was about time and in her twilight years, the watcher couldn't really see why not.

Sonic and Annabel decided that having fun was great and all, but it was time to get really serious.  So, Sonic popped the question!

By the look on her face, I'd say Annabel is pretty pleased with that rock. 

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
Welcome back, Sullys and Slinky. Glad you are feeling better.

That little baby cowplant is cute. I have never had one in my game yet.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2014, 09:44:11 AM »
This painting is pretty stunning and all, Tobias, but who is this woman, hmm?  That doesn't look like Rhea...

Speaking of Rhea, her and that cow she grew are quite the pair.  She spends many hours of the day and night out there chatting with it and doting on it.

The watcher, however, finds it a little disturbing.  I mean... just look at that face... it's up to no good, clearly.

Happy birthday, Vincent!  As the only child to achieve his childhood aspiration, he is surely destined for great things!

Sonic's wedding day has finally arrived.  It is quite the occasion, since the whole family has been desperately anticipating marrying Sonic off.

They had it at the park, which had recently added a lovely wedding venue, conveniently located next to the bar and outdoor kitchen.

As the vows were exchanged and the first kiss had, Rhea looked to the sky, doubtlessly whispering, "Thank you, Watcher. Thank you."

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »
Welcome back, Sullys and Slinky. Glad you are feeling better.

That little baby cowplant is cute. I have never had one in my game yet.

Thanks, Tipi!  It's good to be back.  The cowplants are awesome, but very difficult to keep alive...

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »
I made some changes to Leonardo's apartment, and I realized I never took screenshots of the interior, so here they are.

Well the cow died.  I guess Rhea should've spend less time chatting to it and more time feeding it... poor Rhea was inconsolable.

Vincent decided to remodel his room, since he's an adult now and all...

He's become quite the party animal, and to Tobias' dismay he decided to make partying his lifetime aspiration, rather than becoming an artist as it seemed so likely he would as a child.  It was clear as a teen he was quite the social bunny, but Tobias had hoped he'd grow out of it.  The Watcher works in mysterious ways.

He spends a lot of time practicing making drinks, determined to become the hostess with the mostest!

Tobias can't really complain about all the good juice, though!  He may be developing a problem actually, because he's taken to wondering into everyone's room while they're sleeping and staring at them while drinking his juices... strange.

Happy day!  Leonardo is finally becoming a young adult.  The next generation officially begins!

This is a little off topic, but while the Sully family was enjoying one of many productive yet relaxing day at the park, they were greeted by this charming woman.

Rhea is getting on in age, and she seems to be getting a bit cranky...

Even so, it was a nasty shock when one evening she fell to the floor, and she just wouldn't get back up again.  And when the terrifying man with questionable taste in everyday wear showed up, Tobias knew...

He pleaded with the Reaper, swearing it wasn't her time.  She just fell!  It's not her time!  She just needs a minute, she'll get back up again!  Get up, Rhea, get up!

But his pleas and his tears did little to sway the horrible, scythe-wielding man, and no matter how much he begged her, Rhea just wouldn't get up.  She was gone.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »
Tobias reached the top of the painter career, and achieved his lifetime aspiration as well!  As a reward, he was given this stunning bed.  He was so depressed though (even more so than usual), all he could think about was Rhea.  He wished she could be there to share it with him.

As time went on, however, things began to get better.  Each day eased his pain a little more, and eventually he, too, became an elder, and he was ready for what was to come.

He decided he would turn things around, and focus on his boys, enjoying every moment he had with them.

They decided to plant grass, and do some landscaping.  Now that sadness of Rhea's loss was coming to an end, it was time for a new beginning.

Unfortunately, now they had to run into this guy every once in a while around town, reminding them of that bitter day.  What is he even doing?  Do grim reapers really box?

One day, a new girl moved into town.  She was very different from other girls.  Her name was Kristen.  She was a little odd, and had pink streaks in her hair, but Leonardo was instantly enamored.

She must have felt the same way, because before they knew what was happening, they were in love.  (I mean, it happened fast... really fast)

They had their first kiss and made it official, all in the same day! (same day that they met!) It was love at first sight, destined to be.

The very next day, Leonardo popped the question.  And there must have been little doubt in Kristen's mind, because she said yes right away. 

They were wed the next day, in the same venue Sonic was married in.  Sonic even showed up!

It was a pretty big event, with many a sim passing out on the couch in the bar.

Before they knew it, Kristen was expecting.  The third generation was on it's way, and the same question was on everyone's mind: would he (or she) be blue?

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2014, 12:11:46 PM »
Given Vincent's party animal nature, he naturally took well to his choice in career: comedian.  He was polishing routines and knockin' em dead at the lounge in no time.

Kristen was getting bigger and bigger, ready to pop at any moment.

Leonardo was thrilled, and didn't miss an opportunity to chat with her belly.

Before they knew it, the day had come.  Leonardo was a nervous wreck.

She was in labor for quite a few hours, but when she finally came, Pandora was well worth the wait.  She was not blue, but she was a girl! After so many boys this was an exciting change.

Tobias must have been pretty happy, too.  Why else would a grown man with a maxed out painting skill paint this...

Vincent's birthday came again quite quickly.  Leonardo baked him his signature cake (he's in the culinary career now, and his cooking is quite good).  As an adult, he was doing very well in his career, and advancing quickly, though this meant his aspiration was being neglected.  Looks like there will be many parties in his near future, now that he has much less time left and many epic parties to throw.

Kristen and Leonardo decided not to waste any time before having another child.  A new heir must be born.

Pandora aged up to be quite the cutey.  She is a slob, like her mother... the fates have been very unkind to this family in the generation of the traits.  Unlike the previous generation's children, she is quite the academic and aspires to be a whiz kid.

Tobias is thrilled.  Pandora is quite close with her grandpa.

Pandora has wasted no time in achieving her aspiration, as it will be quite an endeavor.  She spends many hours conducting strange experiments.

With Tobias having retired in order to focus on painting full time, there has been a lot of simoleons coming in, and the family has put in a swimming pool.  Pandora enjoys letting her feet dangle in the water while she does her reading for school.

Though they all knew it was coming, it was still a tragic day when Tobias was finally taken by the Reaper.  It happened when everyone was asleep.  He was up late at night working on what surely would have been his final masterpiece.  It's a shame it went unfinished.

It's good everyone was asleep, and spared the trauma Tobias went through with Rhea.  He would have wanted it that way.

The whole family was devastated, especially little Pandora.  But it was quite a surprise how hard Kristen was taking it.  He must have made quite an impact on her in the little time that she knew him.  He was buried next to Rhea in the family cemetery they had put in shortly after her passing.

It was very soon after Tobias passed, that Kristen had her second daughter, Starbuck.  She was a much welcome gift, in a very sad time.

Leonardo didn't seem quite as nervous this time around...

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »
I was looking back through the screenshots and saw this.  I thought I'd repost it, since they are both gone now.  I think this was on their first date  :)

anything