Author Topic: Kids and new siblings  (Read 9002 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Kids and new siblings
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:58:20 AM »
Hey all,

I am wanting to know if anyone else is having negative moodlets from their Sims children, when mom has a new baby?  My Sim had her fourth baby and first the second oldest daughter was "sad" because she didnt really want a new sibling.   The youngest son is now "angry" because he did NOT want a new sibling, and he had to take an "angry poop"!! lol  So he will be going to school with two negative moodlets!  How do we get rid of these, or keep them from happening?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Kids and new siblings
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 02:07:40 AM »
I think this is common. I've had the same thing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 02:42:43 AM »
I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »
I don't think you can really keep them from happening, just like in real life, Sims kids don't always want a new brother or sister!

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 10:55:18 PM »
I haven't experienced this yet so I may have a suggestion on preventing it. I don't have another kid till one is about a week before aging. Maybe the closer in age the more they feel like they won't get attention?

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 07:46:00 AM »
I remember it came up when "meeting the new sibling".  So you may be right on with that. 
My Sims family maxed out on family members.  Will have to play another family to see if that is the case.  :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 07:56:32 AM »
One good way to get a positive moodlet before your sim goes to school, well actually two ways, about an hour before school or longer, take an energized shower, have them talk to their big stuffed animal and also try watching kids channel or comedy channel on tv.  I haven't had that happen yet, but when my youths are down, I try any one of those options or all three and they work out really well.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »
I remember it came up when "meeting the new sibling".  So you may be right on with that. 
My Sims family maxed out on family members.  Will have to play another family to see if that is the case.  :)

The father in my house just finished his Master Chef Aspiration so I started the family one. I had to adopt a child and the son who is around the same age is really mad about it. So seeing this is my first time seeing this I have a feeling there is a some type of sweet spot in age difference to avoid it. Luckily he's tired so I'm just going to have him sleep off the 4 hr negative moodlet lol.

(edit) If it helps I have aging on Long and one child is 43 days till aging the adopted one is 48 the two teens don't have any issues.

(edit 2) The one teen who just aged up not to long ago just decided to cry it out about having a new sibling they didnt want. Also all of my children have been boys and I adopted a girl.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 05:54:41 PM »
It may have to do with the child's traits, if it isn't completely random.  The child I'm playing has been fine with his little sister.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »
It may be just random.  I went all out with this Sim family.  Kenzie has the family oriented trait and she has had 5 babies, and adopted one.  I was really hoping she would have twins.  (I am a twin :D)  So since her last pregnancy didn't yield twins, she adopted a baby while she was pregnant, and I aged them up together.  Also, she had her children in the pattern of boy-girl, so I aged up the adopted baby last. (she's a girl)