Author Topic: Taking better screen shots  (Read 75096 times)

Sportsfan

Re: Taking better screen shots
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 06:35:47 PM »
It is to do with the lighting and reflection, some skin tones reflect better than others in whatever setting it is, I'd say that White Lighting is the most common cause of that. Which is why I prefer Flame Lighting because it is softer, blends better and looks warmer and more natural. I'd done a comparison above of a Kitchen with White or Flame Lighting., Here.

I love that City Scene, BP is at it's best at night, can't see the pollution as much then.  ;)

Your right. With the flame lighting the colors show up better. How do you turn that on?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
Your right. Wight the flame lighting the colors show up better. How do you turn that on?

You have to click on one of the lights in your Sim's home, and an option to "Set Color" will turn up. Choose the "Flame" option in the sub-pie menu. Then choose whether to activate it for that light, room only or the whole lot.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 12:48:31 AM »
Thanks for the TAB tip. That should help my screenshots tremendously.
Check out my new story here!

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »
I have a somewhat related question: I'm thinking of starting up a second story, and I'm wondering, for those of you who are posting multiple stories, how do you keep your screenshots sorted out?

Thanks!

Sportsfan

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 03:37:50 PM »
Make separate folders for every chapter and name them.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »
Make separate folders for every chapter and name them.

Yes, exactly. That way it'll be all organized. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »
I already do that for my dynasty; I' guess I'll just have to start subfolders for another story.

Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TerranRich

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2011, 03:27:10 PM »
Thanks for the Tab tip... I never knew you could do that.  ;D

AbrahamC

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
Using Techniques I found in this thread I now have my all time Fave screen shot of my current family.

For my "just for fun" games I almost always have a gay couple. At the moment they have a daughter and thought it would be better for her if they could work out their problems. I will let you guess who was the cheater. This is them in the midst of their re-bonding.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2011, 02:09:24 AM »
Using Techniques I found in this thread I now have my all time Fave screen shot of my current family.

Welcome to our Forum, AbrahamC.

I noticed that you added your screenshot by attaching the file to your post.  Actually, the preferred method of using screenshots on the Forum is to host them either on a site like Photobucket or our own Gallery, and then use the image tags to insert it into your post.  The attaching of files is for items in our Swap Shop.  Our Gallery is free for members.  You can find information and instructions here.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

AbrahamC

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2011, 02:13:19 AM »
Thanks Pam (Its feels nice to actually get acknowledged by someone who's posts I have been reading for some time!)

And thanks for pointing out the Image policy. I hadn't stumbled across this yet.

Offline CowgirlBlues

• Llama Wrangler
    • My Sims Page
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
I even have folders divided up into more Sub folders, based on characters, time of day, individual story events, etc. 
For example, my story "Billy Roy's Lodge and Show Jumping Camp" has a folder called "Billy Roy Story" and then contains folders such as "Character Portraits", "Lodge Visitors", "The Meteor Event", "Beach Picnic", "Perfect Jumps", "Meeting Cheri Montalvo". So I have all my main characters, locations, and important events organized.
Check out my app "Equestrian Center - Horse Guide for The Sims 3:Pets" for iPhone and iPad. Everything you need to know to adopt, befriend, train, breed, and sell your horses. All about Unicorns too! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/equestrian-center-horse-guide/id482247698?mt=8&uo=4

Leto85

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2011, 06:39:28 PM »
I even have folders divided up into more Sub folders, based on characters, time of day, individual story events, etc. 
For example, my story "Billy Roy's Lodge and Show Jumping Camp" has a folder called "Billy Roy Story" and then contains folders such as "Character Portraits", "Lodge Visitors", "The Meteor Event", "Beach Picnic", "Perfect Jumps", "Meeting Cheri Montalvo". So I have all my main characters, locations, and important events organized.

That's pretty handy! You should write a little guide on that. Not everybody is that organized, you know.
Okey, I am, but still.

Daemo

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know why, but I am drawn to this photo.   I personally think this photo is brilliant and I feel as if I want to give it some kind of award.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2012, 05:52:30 AM »
Aw, thanks Daemo! I still play that Sim, she's very expressive. Personally my favourite pic on this thread is Samoht's wedding screenshot on the first page.

anything