Author Topic: Have you been invited to a social event?  (Read 13826 times)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Have you been invited to a social event?
« on: September 08, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »
My sim has never been invited to an event, I have to keep throwing them (To meet the goals of "attending" events)
- Jessica

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: Have you been invited to a social event?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:20:03 PM »
I believe EA told us that you can only throw events yourself. The townies don't invite you anymore. At least that is what I remember. So it might be that you have to throw them yourself.
Although I think this is weird, because I see no reason why the townies wouldn't be able to throw a party or something.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 01:38:21 PM »
So I have to throw basically like 100 parties total for this aspiration. Booo.
- Jessica

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
yeah it's quite a shame. I liked going to parties in the sims 3 :(

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »
So I have to throw basically like 100 parties total for this aspiration. Booo.

What aspiration? Is this like a new Home Design Hotshot? Shoot me now...

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »
What aspiration? Is this like a new Home Design Hotshot? Shoot me now...

Popularity
Party Animal - This Sim wants to throw and attend amazing parties!

The parties you need to attend over all 4 stages add up. Probably not actually 100, but I bet at least 50. I quit that file because I can't successfully hold my wedding, the first two times the fiance wouldn't come to the party, and the third time after they got married, it cancelled the party and moved them all to the house. I got annoyed and switched games.
- Jessica

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
All right, target acquired - this is something a sim in my legacy must do!

How are parties in sims 4 btw? I loved parties in sims 3 (once I had the legendary host reward, which is still hands down the best in IMHO), and I have only hosted one semi successful party so far.

I didn't like it so much because I was completely unaware, I would have wanted to know what was going to be needed during the party before I invited everyone. Also, I did not have many guests show up...but then most of the people I invited were just barely acquaintances anyway. Must explore more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »
All right, target acquired - this is something a sim in my legacy must do!

How are parties in sims 4 btw? I loved parties in sims 3 (once I had the legendary host reward, which is still hands down the best in IMHO), and I have only hosted one semi successful party so far.

I didn't like it so much because I was completely unaware, I would have wanted to know what was going to be needed during the party before I invited everyone. Also, I did not have many guests show up...but then most of the people I invited were just barely acquaintances anyway. Must explore more.

Parties in Sims 4 are a little challenging. You have to have a caterer, a musician, a mixologist, and a bunch of other crap for the other Sims to even have fun. So if you throw the party at your lot, you have to buy a piano or an instrument for the entertainer, a bar for the mixologist, make sure the kitchen is ready for the caterer, etc etc. The party doesn't last that long so you have to chat with a bunch of guests and do a ton of things just to get a good grade on it. Going on a date is much easier to get a gold medal on lol.

anything