Author Topic: Do you have to have a Sim to build?  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Do you have to have a Sim to build?
« on: September 08, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
In Sims 3  I could go into Edit Town mode before I chose a Sim to play and build whatever I wanted to build without having to have funds to do it with.  Is this sort of thing possible in 4?  When I start up my game I only see a "Play" option, or make a sim, so how do you just build without having to have a Sim or is this not possible?  Would you need a money cheat then to build with a Sim?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: Do you have to have a Sim to build?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
Joria, I had to do the motherlode cheat.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MeesterPepper

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:24:17 PM »
Click on Play. It will ask you to select a household to play as - at this time, you can choose a lot with no Sims (an empty lot, a community venue, a house-in-progress, whatever) and select the "Build" bubble option.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:45:57 PM »
Click on Play. It will ask you to select a household to play as - at this time, you can choose a lot with no Sims (an empty lot, a community venue, a house-in-progress, whatever) and select the "Build" bubble option.

Every time I try this I get a Game failed to load error
It's recommended you restart the game.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 02:53:11 PM »
On the opening screen I chose load game since I had games saved.  I picked one.  When I went into the next mode where you can choose your Sim to play instead I clicked on a different, empty, house and chose it.  Then I could choose build, create a Sim to play in that house, or 3rd option I can't remember.  I chose build.  It took me to the house which I could then remodel, bulldoze or leave alone.  I would not need any funds to build or remodel since I'm not playing my Sim.  Phew. 

Now to play around with the different filters.  I do like that idea since you can choose a style of house to build and I'm not familiar with all different kinds of styles, ie. Queen Anne, Country Farm, Traditional, Contemporary were some of the styles I could choose from.  Now if I could just get my tilt absolutely right I think I'll be able to build again.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery