Author Topic: Imaginary Friend  (Read 28806 times)

Offline zudeka

• Nooboo
Imaginary Friend
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »
I think Imaginary Friends are back, but you have to work at it.

I bought the child size teddy bear for my whiz kid (only child) because he was 'embarrassed' a lot in conversation with others.  He talked to the bear and always felt better.  The more he talks (over days! and days!) the more options open up to interact with the bear.  Today the BEAR was sad and the child cheered him up!  Shortly after that, my sim child was talking to another child and 'talk about imaginary friend' popped up!  Wondering where this will go...should be fun!!

Offline Flower1552

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Imaginary Friend
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »
Really cool that you found this out! I'll have to look into it myself, but if they end up having a giant bear imaginary friend... Ehhh..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kanzaki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »
I get the describe imaginary friend option from having creativity child skill, I raised my drawing and playing the violin tho but I think the toys and dollhouses raise it as well.

Offline zudeka

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
Quick update -

I have two kids now..and the first one continues to get more 'options' from the bear when they talk.  Also, the bear has an emotion bar now (just like the baby crib) but only when the first child plays with him.  The second child has not spent enough time with the bear for me to tell if the bear can have a 'relationship' with more than one sim child at a time.

Once my child got an some option (when talking to the bear) about a potion. So now i have child working on the junior wizard set.  Haven't gotten the skill level great enough for a potion yet....but I'm thinking the child may be able to make a potion, offer it to the bear, and make the bear real. 

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 02:00:55 PM »
Quick update -

I have two kids now..and the first one continues to get more 'options' from the bear when they talk.  Also, the bear has an emotion bar now (just like the baby crib) but only when the first child plays with him.  The second child has not spent enough time with the bear for me to tell if the bear can have a 'relationship' with more than one sim child at a time.

Once my child got an some option (when talking to the bear) about a potion. So now i have child working on the junior wizard set.  Haven't gotten the skill level great enough for a potion yet....but I'm thinking the child may be able to make a potion, offer it to the bear, and make the bear real.

Very interested in what you are reporting - nice work!

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 04:34:58 PM »
Quick update -

You're a bit ahead of where my child sims are at, but it looks like at least the dragon and dinosaur toys work the same way. I haven't tried the unicorn but it seems to offer the same skill building. Hurray for the mention of a potion cropping up, I've been hoping it would!
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Flower1552

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
A potion?! You know what this meant is the Sims 3, right? So, in the Sims 4...?

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:26 PM »
Oooh, how interesting. I'm quite intrigued to see how this will turn out.

After my two elders die and give my household room, I think I'm going to jump in and experiment with this too. That would be pretty awesome if you can make the imaginary friends real in the Sims 4 base game. :)
Hi!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 10:01:29 PM »
Oh, yes! I am trying this right now. I hope it works.

Offline zudeka

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »
OK - sim child #1 has completed 3 potions now - - takes forever!!...I hope there aren't 10!!! 

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:10 AM »
OK - sim child #1 has completed 3 potions now - - takes forever!!...I hope there aren't 10!!!

I still only have three potions, and the child has stormed through Mental and is on level 5 logic. I haven't managed to catch the moment to add ingredients lately, maybe I need to try harder to do that.

Offline SilvaraWilde

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »
I still only have three potions, and the child has stormed through Mental and is on level 5 logic. I haven't managed to catch the moment to add ingredients lately, maybe I need to try harder to do that.

According to the game guide, there are only 3 potions you can make. Health Potion, Emotion Potion, and Stink Drink.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
Curious about what sort of option showed up in regards to the potion. Was it a chat interaction or a pop up or a thought bubble or something else? How long did it take for the option to show up? I have a sim child now trying to go through the process, with the relationship maxed out, yet no potion option has shown up.

According to the game guide, there are only 3 potions you can make. Health Potion, Emotion Potion, and Stink Drink.

Game guides have been wrong before, even official ones.
Hi!

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »
Curious about what sort of option showed up in regards to the potion. Was it a chat interaction or a pop up or a thought bubble or something else? How long did it take for the option to show up? I have a sim child now trying to go through the process, with the relationship maxed out, yet no potion option has shown up.

Game guides have been wrong before, even official ones.

True, but I think it might be right this time. Still no sign of further potions, even with the child who has a full friendship bar with the toy. Unlike in Sims 3, it doesn't remove the option to Experiment to look for new potions when you've found those three.

I've continued to interact with the toy and haven't seen any option that includes potion either.