Author Topic: Room/Wall dimensions in build mode (eg, 10X10, 9x1)?  (Read 9269 times)

Offline atrainor

• Nooboo
Room/Wall dimensions in build mode (eg, 10X10, 9x1)?
« on: September 07, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »
Hello all!

Remember how in the Sims 3, when building a room, your wall tool or room tool would automatically tell you the size of your wall/room (e.g., 10X10, 9x1)? It was very helpful for ensuring symmetry, and I can't figure out if that feature has gone away in Sims 4 or if I've just turned it off somehow. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: Room/Wall dimensions in build mode (eg, 10X10, 9x1)?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
It's probably gone, since rooms can be L-shaped now.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:23:47 AM »
It's probably gone, since rooms can be L-shaped now.

But I had L shaped rooms in Sims 3.  I think the reason is they are trying to get rid of doing it by grids to make things easier for those who hate building.  And since you can adjust and readjust your rooms on the fly and add to them its also rather pointless.  I think had that for Sims 3 for the more serious builders so they can kinda get an idea in their mind as to how its going to look.  But with me I thought it wasn't really needed as long as you had that arrow.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
But I had L shaped rooms in Sims 3. 

There wasn't a drop in L shaped room
- Jessica

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 09:50:02 PM »
There wasn't a drop in L shaped room

Sorry but I don't follow you.  What do you mean a drop?  Are you referring to BLUEPRINTS that we had in Sims 3?  If you are I rarely used them.  I always did my own custom stuff and didn't see any real usage for it unless it's something I can work with quick and get back into the game.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
In Sims 4, you can drop in an empty room that is basically a 2x2 with a corner missing. It's an L shape. Then you can resize any part of it to whatever size you want. Sims 3 only had the rectangle room. You could build a L room or an octogon, or a triangle - but you couldn't just drop in a blank, empty room in those shapes. You can in 4.
- Jessica

anything