Author Topic: Game crashes to desktop  (Read 18223 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Game crashes to desktop
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »
Thanks Gerrr! I can't find it though! I took a pic of it. I'm excellent at taking pics of things! Wish that could help me more lol.

EDIT Took the pic before I saw your edit. Going to try that now!

I got the game on there now, but it says ready to play and when I click it it opens the launcher and then says no disk! What am I doing wrong?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 02:04:36 PM »
You need to uninstall the game completely.  When you use the EADM it lets you bypass having to have a disk.  But if you already have the game installed using the disk then the computer recognizes the disk install, not the digital copy install.  The only reason you need the disk is for the verification for the license at startup.  So if you install and run the game through EADM the verification is installed as a digital copy.  Before I put the game on the laptop using EADM, I would be playing the Sims and my daughter would come and get the disk from me.  I would be able to continue playing without the disk because it is only needed at startup.   I uninstalled FL from the laptop, then downloaded it through the EADM.  Installed it and now the laptop does not need the disk.  Make sense?  I really hope this works for you.  Fingers are crossed!

I wish I knew how to take pictures of my desktop like that!  You are excellent at it.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
Ok, just to be sure I'm clear on this, I uninstall all of them or just Ambitions? Also, to take pics of your desktop, just hit print screen, open paint and paste (ctrl+V) then save as, make sure it's a jpeg, name it and hit save! Sometimes you might have to hold alt+print screen. Thanks for all your help!

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
It depends, which disk do you use to play?  That is the game you want to uninstall.  For me, the newest disk is FL, that is the one I have to put in my computer to play.  For my daughter, we disk installed all the EPs & SPs except FL (the newest disk and the one required to play the game), which we downloaded and installed from the EADM.  So when you play, if you use the Ambitions disk, then uninstall just that game, and you know the rest.  Sorry it took so long to reply, I had to go to the grocery store. 

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
I use Ambitions. I'm going to uninstall it and try it now. I hope it works! Thanks again for all your help!

EDIT Right now it's downloading! So hopefully in an hour or two(or 3) lol I can play them!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »
Well, I uninstalled Ambitions, then installed it through EADM it said it was ready to play, I clicked it and the launcher said no disk. Well I remembered I used to always go through BIN so I did that, and it worked. All the way up to the game. It ran about 2 to 3 seconds then crashed! So it didn't work  >:( But it did get me thinking. I know I have to uninstall reinstall and I accidentally left my WA disk in Columbus which is why I said I couldn't do it til this weekend. But I put in the codes for the base game, WA, HELS and Ambitions in the EADM. Could I safely uninstall all of them, then download them through EADM? The only reason I'm hesitant, well never mind, I can't play it anyways as it is, so hopefully it wouldn't mess anything up worse! What do you think? 

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 07:01:44 PM »
Once you put the codes in the EADM it makes the games you own into digital copies (authorized for 5 computers, but I think I told you that already).  So you actually never need the disks again.  I'm sorry it didn't work.  If you uninstall all your games, you can re install all of them through the EADM, but you have to install Sims 3 first, since that is the base game.  Could something be wrong with your video card?  I remember with the Sims 2, my computer crashed to a blue screen and then to the desktop.  I had to get a new video card.  Have you called EA yet?  I have had luck with them, I can give you the phone number if you don't have it. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »
No I haven't but why would something suddenly go wrong with it? It was working fine about a week ago! Maybe I'll uninstall reinstall first and see if that helps. If I remember right, it is Sims base, WA, HELS then Ambitions right?

EDIT: I just deleted/uninstalled all my sims games. I've got some updates on my computer to do, so I'm going to restart it then start downloading them through EADM one by one! Thank goodness there are only 4 lol. Than I'll return hopefully with good news!!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 07:26:24 PM »
Ok, I'm going to watch my mouth in my reply. But it didn't work. I downloaded all of them, even went through the tutorial, yea like I haven't played it before. It still crashed to desktop. I'm at my wit's end maybe I do need that number Gerrr. Also how would I go about checking my video card? Even though I don't understand how that could be it when a week ago it was working fine! Help me someone before I lose it please!!!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »
Well, I hate this!!! I called EA and they figured out it is my graphics card. I have no money til next month, so I guess I'm going to have to live through everyone else's sims! Also it sucks cause I was going to buy FL and LN next month. Now I'll probably have to wait til December for them!  >:( :( Oh well, maybe by the time I get them, I will already know everything lol.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 12:18:04 AM »
Well, I hate this!!! I called EA and they figured out it is my graphics card. I have no money til next month, so I guess I'm going to have to live through everyone else's sims! Also it sucks cause I was going to buy FL and LN next month. Now I'll probably have to wait til December for them!  >:( :( Oh well, maybe by the time I get them, I will already know everything lol.

I'm sorry to hear that! That's lousy luck.  :(  Did they tell you why it suddenly stopped working?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 01:10:59 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that! That's lousy luck.  :(  Did they tell you why it suddenly stopped working?
Yes apparently the graphic card I have likes to steal RAM from my other stuff, and eventually just stops. I couldn't move people out of my house a little bit ago, and I guess that was a warning.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »
I guess it is a good thing that you know now.  Whenever I have a problem, I now look here first.  If that doesn't solve anything I call them right away.  I am not patient like you. :) Plus you learned how to use the Sims without the disks from all of this too.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 01:40:00 AM »
I guess it is a good thing that you know now.  Whenever I have a problem, I now look here first.  If that doesn't solve anything I call them right away.  I am not patient like you. :) Plus you learned how to use the Sims without the disks from all of this too.
Yes I did! I like looking at life positively and two good things came out of this. I learned I don't need my CD's and by the time I get LN, I will already know how to play from reading the forums  ;D.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 03:36:54 AM »
Sorry you can't play for awhile, Esther, but I'm glad you at least know what the problem is.  I think I had a similar issue when I first got the game and my new video card made a world of difference.  Good luck with everything!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything