Author Topic: Customizing house problem, I think?  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Customizing house problem, I think?
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
Hey all,
   I am having a problem with my Sims being able to access certain parts of the house.  I added a wing to both floors on one side of the house.  I ended up having to merge one room to another and make a hall to access the new addition.  I checked and double checked to see if there were any obstructions or if the floor was missing or something that would be blocking their way.  The main thing I noticed, since I couldn't find anything in the way, was I couldn't target the floor for them to walk there.  So, I closed out my game and repaired.  But that didn't help.. so, was it the new addition to the house or is it bugged?? Thanks for any help. :)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Re: Customizing house problem, I think?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
Okay.. I just fixed my problem.  Evidently you can't have stairs right next to a wall.  I had my Sim go to the new floor downstairs and he was able to go there.  But couldnt walk up stairs at all.  So I moved the stairs over one space and... it worked. :)   I don't know why it was hindering that floor space. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »
Maybe you had something on the wall or a light fixture to close. Who knows, the sims build in mysterious ways.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »
I had a similar experience when my sim couldn't get to the fridge. I thought the chairs i put down near the curved counter was at fault. But the problem persisted. Then I saw my sim with the thought bubble showing a picture of hanging pots. I put the walls up and moved the offending pots! Sims are so....confounding.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »
I doubt that the stairs being next to a wall alone was the problem. There was most likely something on the wall or maybe above the stairs they didn't like. I almost always have my stairs next to a wall and I haven't had any trouble yet with any of my builds.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »
I doubt that the stairs being next to a wall alone was the problem. There was most likely something on the wall or maybe above the stairs they didn't like. I almost always have my stairs next to a wall and I haven't had any trouble yet with any of my builds.
The only thing I had near that wall was the stairs, and the only thing I changed.  I just moved them over one space.   But, I haven't ever had that problem before.  *shrugs*